I can't eat, sleep, function or take pleasure in anything since the death of my best friend, my Dad, on 3/23/10. I am lost. I want to go with him. I don't want to be without him. I don't know how to be without him. My life feels over. Please help me!

Kena

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

Kena,
I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad. I understand the complete devastation you feel. I lost my dad 02/22/2010. I've said the same thing as you everyday since he left. Everything around us looks familiar, but nothing is the same, how do we continue when everything we've known is different. There is nothing anyone can say to bring you comfort. You need to allow yourself to grieve. Get mad, yell, question, beg, plead, and cry. Try everything to help you grieve (not get over it, because that won't happen). Listen to music, blog on this website, write a journal, read books on loss. I've tried everything, and although nothing has given me what I want, which is my daddy back, all together these things have helped me get my emotions out, and even understand my irrational thinking. I don't want to be without my dad either, but nobody ever gives us a choice. You are not alone. I will be here, and I know the pain, I just don't know how to get rid of it.

RSS

Latest Conversations

Andrew Cooper updated their profile
Jun 18
Andrew Cooper is now a member of LegacyConnect
Jun 17
Sr. Maureen Egan, scim is now a member of LegacyConnect
Jun 13
Sara Murphy commented on Terry Green's status
Jun 8

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2022   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service