If there is an afterlife, who are you most looking forward to seeing again? Is it a friend or relative? What would be the first thing that you'd say to them?

Views: 4200

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Leo ,
Thank you for your response as I always I been one even since a young child who has seemed to want to hear what others have to share and their view , especially on one of the main parts of all of our lives . One that we all may have thought of especially during this time since our loved ones have passed away . Even if we knew of what our beliefs we before it is amazing how even now with pain and grief one can take in what others say or seek with in themselves what they "really believe' Maybe it is because of what we trusted in . Aside of Faith .. The one this that did not hold true for all which was "time " or at least time where you hoped at least to do all that you had wanted to do . As you mentioned to take time now . Which is so important , to be present in all you do , especially with those you love . Yet how often does this slip through our fingers . As the days have passed and have been offered different view points of where we all go or where are loved ones are now . I see that as languages and colors of our skins there is so many ways of seeing it all . Are any more important , or is one right or wrong . I am not one to say . Yet maybe this is how it is suppose to be . To give us all more insight to us all , not even now but for what may happen after . The word I could have used which may have been a better definition to some of the sharing as said it to be , was at times a " telling or sadly one of dictation of what it was and to be . One that hurt beyond what I can tell anyone even to this day . That someone chose to tell me days after my dear Sister passed away . They decided her fate . I wondered how can they know , or say such words . Ones that are seemingly harsh and unkind at least at this time . Ones that felt as though someone chose to take place of who we believed who created us . Words that deemed her and her life just because she was alive . This is something I have had to sort out as now it is months down the line , yet the same individual , approaches me often telling me of the same thoughts and views of what he believes . Yet to separate the words and who my Sister truly was I see that how is anyone to know where anyone will go , or be after they pass , for it is not for us to see. I do believe we can determine how we live our lives , if we are loving and giving human beings no matter the faith or religion that takes us through the days.
Again this has been a journey one that I never knew I would take in the loss of not only my father but my mother and sister all at once . But a lesson of one that we all we see and understand so differently of what is and what is to become . My guilt still wants to tell me that I will never see my family again nor do I deserve to be with them . I wished I had been more of a Daughter and sister when I had the chance . Do I hope I can see them at least in passing where ever I am to go , this is at least a thought one may think is silly and one that will never happen . Yet if to happen to be able to say to them more one time . I love you . This to me would be the only heaven I would need . Not for me ., for them to know that they had a purpose in life more then the knew . One that gave a special blessing to one that is more the grateful then one can be . A blessing that came from that same that we all believe even though a different title or name ., Is it not a belief a faith just different words that bring each a message , comfort to teach for all of us to become on .

Take care .

ps ..my friend still believes I am going to hell too . Comforting not so much , a greater understanding of each and all , yes .

Yet to I have held these words for myself , the frist day he told me 2 days after she died .


Let us all be open to see that there is more then one then what we may believe to beleive to be , as it may may infact be one in that same . Just that the wording needs to be tweeked a bit .

Another part of scripture it says you were known before you were formed in your mothers womb.

Jeremiah 1-5

There are many biblical references to the spirit world,  Cor 15-42 talks about the resurrection of the body.  There is another section on the three kingdoms.

I am open to different views and am not a philosophy major so I only know a little about other religions but enough to get by. The Torah and the other books help us to understand but each is subject to ones own interpretation. I chose to believe in this spiritual realm the body is but a shell. You are free to choose.
BONNIE said:


Read your scripture this is out of context.. In Luke 23:42 Jesus says he we see them in paradise. He even mentions having seen Elijiah and Moses in Heaven..
Crimson B. said:

As a quasi buddhist and a christian, I believe that there is a conciousness. And if you read , The Tibetan Book of the Dead, you will be able to imagine another possibility. I believe that within us are the human, the soul, the spirit. The human is no longer. But, I do believe in the soul and the spirit and I believe that there is a possibility of conciousness after death. Read plato, soccrates, buddha. Interesting. I do not know the truth of the truth but I suppose I can hope that there is more to life, than just this human "short" existence.


Be well.


lMike Kile said:

IN A funeral parlor in New York City, friends and family quietly file by the open casket. They gaze at the body, that of a 17-year-old boy. His friends from school hardly recognize him. Chemotherapy has thinned his hair; cancer has caused him to lose weight. Can this really be their friend? Just months before, he was so full of ideas, of questions, of energy—of life! The heartbroken mother of the boy tries to find hope and solace in the idea that somehow her son still lives. Over and over she tearfully repeats what she has been taught: “Tommy’s happier now. God wanted Tommy in heaven with him.”

Is there life after death? is a question that has perplexed mankind for millenniums. “Even theologians are embarrassed when faced with [it],”

Belief in the immortality of the soul is all but universal in Christendom’s thousands of religions and sects. It is an official doctrine in Judaism too. In Hinduism this belief is the very foundation of the teaching of reincarnation. Muslims believe that the soul comes into being with the body but lives on after the body dies. Other faiths—African animism, Shinto, and even Buddhism—teach variations on this same theme.

The condition of the dead is made clear in the bible : “The dead know nothing . . . There is no pursuit, no plan, no knowledge or intelligence, within the grave.” (Moffatt) Death, therefore, is a state of nonexistence. The psalmist wrote that when a person dies, “he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.”—

So the dead are unconscious, inactive. When pronouncing sentence upon Adam, God stated: “Dust you are and to dust you will return.” Before God formed him from the dust of the ground and gave him life, Adam did not exist. When he died, Adam returned to that state. His punishment was death—not a transfer to another realm


River of Tears said:
Dear Leo ,
Thank you for your response as I always I been one even since a young child who has seemed to want to hear what others have to share and their view , especially on one of the main parts of all of our lives . One that we all may have thought of especially during this time since our loved ones have passed away . Even if we knew of what our beliefs we before it is amazing how even now with pain and grief one can take in what others say or seek with in themselves what they "really believe' Maybe it is because of what we trusted in . Aside of Faith .. The one this that did not hold true for all which was "time " or at least time where you hoped at least to do all that you had wanted to do . As you mentioned to take time now . Which is so important , to be present in all you do , especially with those you love . Yet how often does this slip through our fingers . As the days have passed and have been offered different view points of where we all go or where are loved ones are now . I see that as languages and colors of our skins there is so many ways of seeing it all . Are any more important , or is one right or wrong . I am not one to say . Yet maybe this is how it is suppose to be . To give us all more insight to us all , not even now but for what may happen after . The word I could have used which may have been a better definition to some of the sharing as said it to be , was at times a " telling or sadly one of dictation of what it was and to be . One that hurt beyond what I can tell anyone even to this day . That someone chose to tell me days after my dear Sister passed away . They decided her fate . I wondered how can they know , or say such words . Ones that are seemingly harsh and unkind at least at this time . Ones that felt as though someone chose to take place of who we believed who created us . Words that deemed her and her life just because she was alive . This is something I have had to sort out as now it is months down the line , yet the same individual , approaches me often telling me of the same thoughts and views of what he believes . Yet to separate the words and who my Sister truly was I see that how is anyone to know where anyone will go , or be after they pass , for it is not for us to see. I do believe we can determine how we live our lives , if we are loving and giving human beings no matter the faith or religion that takes us through the days.
Again this has been a journey one that I never knew I would take in the loss of not only my father but my mother and sister all at once . But a lesson of one that we all we see and understand so differently of what is and what is to become . My guilt still wants to tell me that I will never see my family again nor do I deserve to be with them . I wished I had been more of a Daughter and sister when I had the chance . Do I hope I can see them at least in passing where ever I am to go , this is at least a thought one may think is silly and one that will never happen . Yet if to happen to be able to say to them more one time . I love you . This to me would be the only heaven I would need . Not for me ., for them to know that they had a purpose in life more then the knew . One that gave a special blessing to one that is more the grateful then one can be . A blessing that came from that same that we all believe even though a different title or name ., Is it not a belief a faith just different words that bring each a message , comfort to teach for all of us to become on .

Take care .

ps ..my friend still believes I am going to hell too . Comforting not so much , a greater understanding of each and all , yes .

Yet to I have held these words for myself , the frist day he told me 2 days after she died .


Let us all be open to see that there is more then one then what we may believe to beleive to be , as it may may infact be one in that same . Just that the wording needs to be tweeked a bit .
as much as i would to see my parents again, and the son that died before he was born, i want to see my daughter nicole most of all. i want to finally want to see her smile without the pain and the bipolarism she had that drove her crazy sometimes. i want to see her and hug her and hear her voice again. i want to ask her if she remembers me talking to her while she was on life support. and how i told her i loved her and to go home and not suffer anymore and as selfish as i was in wanting to have her here with me God wanted her more so i told her to go. and does she see me cry from not having her here while in the shower so her girls dont see me. so many questions....but i just want to see her. that will probably wipe out any questions i would have because they wouldnt be as important as that anymore.

Dear Francine l dalton ,

I just read what had to share all of us . To know of the many that have passed away in you life , I ask how do others do this yet here I am .  Though stories and expereince can ever be the same for any of us it is easy for my heart to almost hear your pain . Not as mine as yours . Maybe in the reading in even in the longing to see your daughter nicole , you put her into words that so could paint a picture of who she was as almost seeing her .   Though I know this never replaces for you the want or need to see her again as I so often want this too with my sister, mother and father .     Wondering if to see them would let them go .  The answer is always  " no "  ..

 You have this beautiful memorie of you daughter even with all she had to struggle with a diffuclt life she must have had yet you still describe to all of us this gentle beautiful daughter that I can only imagine she was .  As though to paint a picture for us all to see her .  How wonderful and touching was that  just to feel that as I read from a mother who loved her daughter so much as you do.

 

At times I do not see what I may want yet or will ever have in seeing them as one but what I do it those gestures or raised eye brows  that my father would give me when I do something silly or the open arms I used to see each time I saw them .   It was that was even with my Sister when we move closer. just in walking in the room the first and last thing we would do is hug each other .  I long for that too .

But as said what you shared of nicole was something very special that spoke of who you were as a Mother to her , someone whos love is and will always be with her .    This is not a selfish love you had for her when she was her or now ,   You gave her that gift to take with her that love that can not let go .

As we will never be able either , as longing or much as we wish we could see them or be with them just one more time .  The love we have in our hearts is there to stay.  

 

You have gone through allot and yet with strengh you came and shared you beautiful daughter  . You painted this picture of who she was for us all so that we all now see her .  I thank you for sharing her .

 

Please take care  to you and all . 

 

As longing will be , our hearts may not heal.

But the memories we have been given as though left as gifts for us to hold with in that love we all  now can reflect on for a moment in time as you paint a picture of who they were and are ,  deep  within our hearts  from all the love we blessed to share .

 

A love the will never go away .. 

That I am glad can not be taken away . 

 

 

Comfort to all    

 

 

 

 

francine l dalton said:

as much as i would to see my parents again, and the son that died before he was born, i want to see my daughter nicole most of all. i want to finally want to see her smile without the pain and the bipolarism she had that drove her crazy sometimes. i want to see her and hug her and hear her voice again. i want to ask her if she remembers me talking to her while she was on life support. and how i told her i loved her and to go home and not suffer anymore and as selfish as i was in wanting to have her here with me God wanted her more so i told her to go. and does she see me cry from not having her here while in the shower so her girls dont see me. so many questions....but i just want to see her. that will probably wipe out any questions i would have because they wouldnt be as important as that anymore.

My daughter, Candace Rae Watson, came to me 2 days after her body died. I felt someone standing behind me (I know it was Candace!) She then proceeded to rub my arms up and down 2x. I was so shocked I didn't even say a word to her. I wish I would have! I KNOW for a fact there is a higher power and Candace will come to take me Home w/her.I MISS you soo much Baby-girl. You had just turned 30, you had your whole life ahead of you, raising your 3 little girls. I'm sad and MAD!

I think this is amazing. I am jealous! I know there is an afterlife. Every thursday I get the Friday Afterlife report from Victor Vizmat. He is a retired attorney who informs of the amazing experiences of those of us left in the aftermath of our loved ones exit. I lost a daughter at the tender young age of 22. How I wish I had some beautiful grand babies from her gentle, intelligent and kind loving spirit. The only legacy I have left are photos and videos..Victor Vizmat reports that we hold our loved ones progress back if we dwell too much in sadness because they comeback to lovingly comfort us and reassure us that they are okay in the realm beyond our perceptions for now, take a deep breath! What a gift. The reassuring presence

of your loved one!

Melinda Ellen Guinn said:

My daughter, Candace Rae Watson, came to me 2 days after her body died. I felt someone standing behind me (I know it was Candace!) She then proceeded to rub my arms up and down 2x. I was so shocked I didn't even say a word to her. I wish I would have! I KNOW for a fact there is a higher power and Candace will come to take me Home w/her.I MISS you soo much Baby-girl. You had just turned 30, you had your whole life ahead of you, raising your 3 little girls. I'm sad and MAD!



BONNIE said:

Another part of scripture it says you were known before you were formed in your mothers womb.

Jeremiah 1-5

There are many biblical references to the spirit world,  Cor 15-42 talks about the resurrection of the body.  There is another section on the three kingdoms.

I am open to different views and am not a philosophy major so I only know a little about other religions but enough to get by. The Torah and the other books help us to understand but each is subject to ones own interpretation. I chose to believe in this spiritual realm the body is but a shell. You are free to choose.
BONNIE said:


Read your scripture this is out of context.. In Luke 23:42 Jesus says he we see them in paradise. He even mentions having seen Elijiah and Moses in Heaven..
Crimson B. said:

As a quasi buddhist and a christian, I believe that there is a conciousness. And if you read , The Tibetan Book of the Dead, you will be able to imagine another possibility. I believe that within us are the human, the soul, the spirit. The human is no longer. But, I do believe in the soul and the spirit and I believe that there is a possibility of conciousness after death. Read plato, soccrates, buddha. Interesting. I do not know the truth of the truth but I suppose I can hope that there is more to life, than just this human "short" existence.


Be well.


lMike Kile said:

IN A funeral parlor in New York City, friends and family quietly file by the open casket. They gaze at the body, that of a 17-year-old boy. His friends from school hardly recognize him. Chemotherapy has thinned his hair; cancer has caused him to lose weight. Can this really be their friend? Just months before, he was so full of ideas, of questions, of energy—of life! The heartbroken mother of the boy tries to find hope and solace in the idea that somehow her son still lives. Over and over she tearfully repeats what she has been taught: “Tommy’s happier now. God wanted Tommy in heaven with him.”

Is there life after death? is a question that has perplexed mankind for millenniums. “Even theologians are embarrassed when faced with [it],”

Belief in the immortality of the soul is all but universal in Christendom’s thousands of religions and sects. It is an official doctrine in Judaism too. In Hinduism this belief is the very foundation of the teaching of reincarnation. Muslims believe that the soul comes into being with the body but lives on after the body dies. Other faiths—African animism, Shinto, and even Buddhism—teach variations on this same theme.

The condition of the dead is made clear in the bible : “The dead know nothing . . . There is no pursuit, no plan, no knowledge or intelligence, within the grave.” (Moffatt) Death, therefore, is a state of nonexistence. The psalmist wrote that when a person dies, “he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.”—

So the dead are unconscious, inactive. When pronouncing sentence upon Adam, God stated: “Dust you are and to dust you will return.” Before God formed him from the dust of the ground and gave him life, Adam did not exist. When he died, Adam returned to that state. His punishment was death—not a transfer to another realm
This is out of context. Read Job and other portions of the Bible-or better yet go even further step out side of the "Bible" Look at what scientists are discovering in the study of after life. Look at the work done at UVA on this and others you would be amazed. It sounds like you are hearing what the adversary would have you hear. You must take the entire scripture and look at it not just segments that are sometimes the adversary speaking.
Here is what I found on a website:"

We Rise Soon after Death

Jesus tells of a poor man Lazarus and his rich neighbor who both died. The rich man ended up in hell, while Lazarus went up to heaven. (Luke 16: 22-24) Both of them came into the next life immediately after death. There was no hint here of a long wait to come back into their bodies, for the rich man's brothers were still alive on earth.

When Jesus was on the cross He promised one of the thieves, "Today you will be with Me in paradise" (Luke 23:43). Jesus did not say, "Just wait twenty centuries or more, and I will fix up your body again."

Since we rise immediately after death, people who have died are in the spiritual world, and they can be seen by those whose spiritual sight is open. For example, when Peter, James and John had their eyes opened to see Jesus in His glory, they also saw Moses and Elijah, who were clearly not in their graves. When Saul went to the witch of En Dor, he spoke with the spirit of Samuel who appeared as an old man (1 Samuel 28: 3-19), and Lazarus found himself in the bosom of Abraham in heaven (Luke 16:22-24). In fact, when Jesus said to the Sadducees that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is the God of the living, not the dead, the clear implication is that Abramam, Isaac and Jacob had already risen from death into life (Matthew 22:31-32; Mark 12:26-27; Luke 20:37-38). He is "the God of the Living," not "the God of the dead who will centuries later come back to life."

Angels have sometimes appeared to people whose eyes were opened to see them. Very often, the Bible says that these angels are people. For example, we read that three men appeared to Abraham (Genesis 18: 2), and that when Jacob wrestled with an angel he wrestled with a man (Genesis 32: 24). Likewise, the angels were people who appeared to Joshua (Joshua 5: 13-14), Manoah and his wife (Judges 13: 6-11), Ezekiel (Ezekiel 9: 2-3,11; 10: 2-3,6), Daniel (Daniel 9: 21; 10: 5; 12: 6-7), Zechariah (Zechariah 1:8,11), and the women at the sepulcher (Mark 16: 5; Luke 24: 4). The Bible says these angels were people, and clearly none of them were still in the grave.

There Is a Spiritual Body

The Bible teaches that we rise with a different body than the one that is placed in the grave. "There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body" (1 Corinthians 15: 44). The natural body is what is "sown" in the grave, and the spiritual body is what is raised up (1 Corinthians 15: 37, 42-44). People on earth have an earthly body, while people in heaven have a spiritual, heavenly body (1 Corinthians 15: 46-49). The fact that people in the spiritual world have a spiritual body is evident from the appearance of angels mentioned above. For example, Saul recognized Samuel after his death because he had a body similar to the body he had on earth. Clearly it was Samuel's spiritual body, since his physical body was still in grave, and it was his spirit (1 Samuel 28:13) that had risen and was conversing with Saul.

The fact that there is a spiritual body is also clear from the story of Lazarus and the rich man. After death Lazarus was in the bosom of Abraham; the rich man lifted his eyes, and asked that Lazarus might dip his finger in water to cool his tongue (Luke 16: 22-24).

The body we have in the spiritual world is not the body that we put into the grave. The Bible says that our physical body is corruptible and mortal, which means that it does not last, but rots and dies. "Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither does corruption inherit incorruption" (1 Corinthians 15: 50). "We brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out" (1 Timothy 6:7). When we go to our eternal home "then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it" (Ecclesiastes 12:5, 7; compare Genesis 3:19). So our earthly body cannot go to heaven, but when we put off our physical body, our corruptible and mortal life is changed into an incorruptible and immortal life (1 Corinthians 15: 53-54). Evidently when Paul said this, some people were wondering if everyone would sleep a long time in the grave before the resurrection, for Paul reassures people that we will not all sleep, and that it will not take ages but will happen immediately, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet, that is, when we die."

 From_http://whatthebiblesays.info/ResurrectionBody.html
You are thinking in negative terms. These are the terms of darkness, despair of torment. There is a better way and yes the spirit leaves the body and is no longer dwelling within. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust only speaks of the temporal life here on earth it does not diminish the spirit that can live eternally in heaven or hell..
It is a terrible thing to lose anyone that we love, but to lose a FAMILY all at once must be a pain that has no words. I am so sorry for your loss.

So many times we are so overwhelmed with grief that we begin to ask questions that have never come to our minds before. Some people stop believing in God. Some people get angry with God and wonder why he did this terrible thing to us. Many people are just left hurting and confused.

But the truth is that God had nothing to do with what has happened. Please take some time to look at the link below.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_11.htm

It discusses the question - Why is there so much suffering?

The bible does answer our questions and it gives us a real hope for the future. It tells us that God is not responsible for the suffering in the world, but he has promised a wonderful future for us if we just learn about him and listen to his voice.

As to those that we have lost in death - please use the following links to find out more about what the Bible really teaches.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_06.htm
http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_07.htm

This information gave me great comfort. I hope it can do the same for you

BONNIE said:


River of Tears said:
Dear Leo ,
Thank you for your response as I always I been one even since a young child who has seemed to want to hear what others have to share and their view , especially on one of the main parts of all of our lives . One that we all may have thought of especially during this time since our loved ones have passed away . Even if we knew of what our beliefs we before it is amazing how even now with pain and grief one can take in what others say or seek with in themselves what they "really believe' Maybe it is because of what we trusted in . Aside of Faith .. The one this that did not hold true for all which was "time " or at least time where you hoped at least to do all that you had wanted to do . As you mentioned to take time now . Which is so important , to be present in all you do , especially with those you love . Yet how often does this slip through our fingers . As the days have passed and have been offered different view points of where we all go or where are loved ones are now . I see that as languages and colors of our skins there is so many ways of seeing it all . Are any more important , or is one right or wrong . I am not one to say . Yet maybe this is how it is suppose to be . To give us all more insight to us all , not even now but for what may happen after . The word I could have used which may have been a better definition to some of the sharing as said it to be , was at times a " telling or sadly one of dictation of what it was and to be . One that hurt beyond what I can tell anyone even to this day . That someone chose to tell me days after my dear Sister passed away . They decided her fate . I wondered how can they know , or say such words . Ones that are seemingly harsh and unkind at least at this time . Ones that felt as though someone chose to take place of who we believed who created us . Words that deemed her and her life just because she was alive . This is something I have had to sort out as now it is months down the line , yet the same individual , approaches me often telling me of the same thoughts and views of what he believes . Yet to separate the words and who my Sister truly was I see that how is anyone to know where anyone will go , or be after they pass , for it is not for us to see. I do believe we can determine how we live our lives , if we are loving and giving human beings no matter the faith or religion that takes us through the days.
Again this has been a journey one that I never knew I would take in the loss of not only my father but my mother and sister all at once . But a lesson of one that we all we see and understand so differently of what is and what is to become . My guilt still wants to tell me that I will never see my family again nor do I deserve to be with them . I wished I had been more of a Daughter and sister when I had the chance . Do I hope I can see them at least in passing where ever I am to go , this is at least a thought one may think is silly and one that will never happen . Yet if to happen to be able to say to them more one time . I love you . This to me would be the only heaven I would need . Not for me ., for them to know that they had a purpose in life more then the knew . One that gave a special blessing to one that is more the grateful then one can be . A blessing that came from that same that we all believe even though a different title or name ., Is it not a belief a faith just different words that bring each a message , comfort to teach for all of us to become on .

Take care .

ps ..my friend still believes I am going to hell too . Comforting not so much , a greater understanding of each and all , yes .

Yet to I have held these words for myself , the frist day he told me 2 days after she died .


Let us all be open to see that there is more then one then what we may believe to beleive to be , as it may may infact be one in that same . Just that the wording needs to be tweeked a bit .

I have long been looking forward to meeting my Grandma Kay (mother's mother) who died before I was born. 

I am also looking forward to meeting the baby I lost in a miscarriage.

And of course now I'm really looking forward to seeing my sister Liz again. 

I'm not sure what the first thing is that I will say to them....but I do know that the first thing I will do is give them a hug!!!

I can't wait for Candace to come to take me Home w/her!!!

I absolutely believe that there is an afterlife.  I think those that love us, that were close to our heart have ways of sending us 'messages', hints that they are okay and in a better place.  I would love to see my grandparents and my dogs.  I would tell them I love them first and foremost.

RSS

Latest Conversations

Mary. Jane commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
10 hours ago
Profile IconDeLina Murray-Bridgers and Tupelo joined LegacyConnect
12 hours ago
Profile IconSteven J. Fowler, Beverly Kennerson, ken H and 2 more joined LegacyConnect
yesterday
Diane C commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
Oct 8

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2019   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service