My husband, JB died on March 27,2010. I know it seems like a long time, but today being Mother's Day, it has been VERY hard on me. Although we didn't have any children together he never forgot me on mothers day.
See he and I neet when I was only 15 years onl, and every one was against us. We dated a while and then he went awaty He came back on Jan,21,2001, we were married in April of that year. He was my first love. I am so hurt because he died one me and I am desperately searching for a support group to help me deal with all of these feelings that I have. If any one out there knows of one please let me know. How long are you suppose to hurt!!!

Views: 33

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Vera first I want you to know how sorry I am for you. I know your pain. Im new to this to but I know this site and the people have a lot of tips. I live in a small town in Wy and they said there was one through our hospital. Im ready for that to and also thought of calling a counseling service they might have a group or know of one. I know for me now has greatly helped to get through a day to talk to someone that really knows the pain. Read some of this board and there is a chat to. I'm to shy for the chat just yet. keep coming to the board and tell us how you feel. Just getting it out does help a tinsey bit. Kind of like journaling which the priest told me to journal every day on how you feel. Easier said than done. But I try. Hang in there we can all walk this journey together. Sandy
Vera,
I lost my husband 6 months ago today. I completely understand how you feel. I visit my husband at the cemetary every day and when I am there, I talk to him and before I leave I am angry with him for going and leaving me. I talk to him when I am at home too and then too I am angry with him for leaving me. I am fortunate enough to have three beautiful daughters, 2 great sons-in-law and 5 gorgeous grandchildren. I love them all dearly but they don't take the place of my husband. We were married 46 years in October and he passed three weeks later. I miss him soooo very much that it hurts. I can't tell you where you will find a support group. Possibly, your priest/minister might be able to help. I can tell you that this website is one of the most helpful places I have found.

Please accept my sympathy for your loss and I hope that you will find the help that you need.
Vera I am very sorry for your loss. My husband left me on Dec 23, 2009. It was a silent heart attack so none of us got any time to prepare for it. I have 3 boys which kind of helps. Pain is always there so is disbelief, shock, anger but acceptance and thinking it is God's Will etc.etc. comes God knows when.
Depending on where you live, your hospital, funeral home, church & helpline they should all have this information. How long the pain is supposed to last is different for everybody. If you want to can send me msg on my page and I will try to respond asap.
Our hospital celebrates journey of life for all the patient that dies in the hospital, if yours does then go for it because you will meet other people like you.
Take care Vera, I will pray for you.
Connie said:
Vera,
I lost my husband 6 months ago today. I completely understand how you feel. I visit my husband at the cemetary every day and when I am there, I talk to him and before I leave I am angry with him for going and leaving me. I talk to him when I am at home too and then too I am angry with him for leaving me. I am fortunate enough to have three beautiful daughters, 2 great sons-in-law and 5 gorgeous grandchildren. I love them all dearly but they don't take the place of my husband. We were married 46 years in October and he passed three weeks later. I miss him soooo very much that it hurts. I can't tell you where you will find a support group. Possibly, your priest/minister might be able to help. I can tell you that this website is one of the most helpful places I have found.

Please accept my sympathy for your loss and I hope that you will find the help that you need.
Vera Brown said:
Connie said:
Vera,

Thank you Connie, your words help a lot. Just knowing that you are there help.
vera: first of all is wish to extend my sympthy to you my husband died 3/1/09 we would have been married 35 years 7/27/09 my husband did not suffer he had a massive heart attack he was 61 years old, we have 2 boys both married one has a daughter who is 9 and the youngest has twin boys 3 years. when george passed i was very angry at god and everyone else. i use to talk to george at home , in the car and every morning i would be saying to him honey see you later or when i returned from work honey i am home. i talk to him every morning and night when i come home from work. i still get angry and depressed. when he passed i came to realize that i needed help. my insurance co. covered my mental health so i went to to doctor, there i could cry yell show my anger when i got home i stilled cried. right now it is hard for me to sleep at night. i am still having problems.i do not go to the doctor anymore because i found this website which is the best thing i could have come across. i have picturers of george all over the house and on my cell phone which i open every morning and night sometimes i talk to him or just kiss his picture and ask him why did he have to leave me alone.vera again if you can see a doctor that could help you they will be there for you. god bless good luck there is no time to stop hurting you will always hurt you know he was your true love keep the memories alive in your heart

RSS

Latest Conversations

LAURA FONTES posted a blog post
21 hours ago
Andrew Cooper updated their profile
Jun 18
Andrew Cooper is now a member of LegacyConnect
Jun 17
Sr. Maureen Egan, scim is now a member of LegacyConnect
Jun 13

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2022   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service