Do you believe in the supernatural? Do you think that anyone has ever tried to contact you or send you signs from the other side?

Views: 13430

Replies to This Discussion

or maybe I should say that express your opinions about how I feel but I won't let it change my mind cause like I said I never had anything like that with the red birds happen before and I have also heard other people say they have had a similar experience and felt the same way I did.We all have different beliefs and that's our right.Maybe that helps me deal with losing my mother feeling that she is watching over me in her own special way.

Trudy said:

I think sometimes that God gives us precious things that bring joy to us. After my sis passed a white butterfly seemed to be around me often outside in the yard. When my son passed, a strange looking bird was just sitting on top of my car. It didn't leave as I approached. It just kind of danced around. It was the funniest thing. Made me laugh. It just came closer to me, stopped and just looked at me. I had never had anything happen like that before. It was the most funniest thing to watch. So, I believe God gives us these little joy gifts so to speak. Just my own personal thoughts.

Yes I do. My mother came back to me (in her human form) and told me she was in heaven and that I needed to stop crying every day and get on with my life. She died from cancer, she was a smoker all her life and they found cancer in her neck. The operated to try to remove it, in doing so they removed half her neck. When she appeared to me...she was healed and completely beautiful again! After that I felt a real peace and was able to move on!

I lost my husband of 35 years 8 months ago and I long for him to appear to me, but so far that is just wishfull thinking. Hopefully God will also allow him to comfort me in the same way!

I believe he is getting adjusted to the new state of being. Give him some time. tell him that whenever he is ready to communicate, you will be too. Be patient. I figure that the best way to help out is remembering the good and happy moments you and him had together. This create a good energy around you and him.

My wishes of Peace

Melinda said:

Hello. I have had a lot of death over the last year. And of all deaths, i would love to have some sign from my father. I pray and wait and wait for some type of sign he is okay. I do know deep down in my heart that he is okay but i would love a sign. My nephew committed suicide September of 2008. I think or felt that i did receive a sign from him. But i want something from my dad. My aunt told me that i will not receive anything from my dad because he knows i am okay. But i am not okay. I am hanging on by a thread everyday. I would take even a dream would be nice. Continuing to wait..........

My dad came to once (during a dream, maybe, not sure)...I was having marital problems and wanted to leave my husband.  I was so confused.  Then  one nite, I was praying really hard for an answer and all of a sudden my Dad was walking down a road that was familiar and going to my mom's (she had remarried) and I tried to tell him that it wasn't ok for him to go there.  He was wearing a white suit (my dad was a farmer, he never wore suits)...He patted me on my head and said "it's OK Punky".  That was my answer about my marriage....I left about 6 months later and was fine...I have not had a visit from my dad since.  My late husband 2nd)  had a visit from "someone" when he was dying.  He woke me in the middle of the nite and asked me where my friend went?  He said she was dressed in a white dress similar to an Amish person.  Another time during his illness, I was awoken to the smell of Old Spice aftershave.  He didn't wear aftershave. My very first love did.  He and I had gone to our Jr. Prom together but never dated after that.  He married a friend of our family, went to Viet Nam, divorced, remarried but I always kept him in my heart.  He died about 5 years before my husband, and I think he was telling me that he would meet my husband when he got to heaven.  And it seems when we are driving, there is always a Hawk (or Eagle) following us.  Sometimes 2 of them.  OUt of nowhere they appear.  Know that is my Marlene and her son Robert.  So YES I do believe our loved ones appear either in their own bodies or as something else and are giving us a message of importance to us.

Elaine,

I had been sleeping right before my mother appeared to me. I woke up because I heard someone in our bedroom, I just thought it was my husband coming back in  because he forgot something on his dresser,like he did many times before leaving for work in the morning.She was at the foot of our bed looking at me. At first I thought I was dreaming, but realized I was very much awake. When she spoke to me she told me that she was in heaven now and it was so beautiful there.She looked so healthy and happy. She also told me to stop worrying about her and get on with my life (because all I was doing everyday after she died was cry and cry sometimes all day long). She also said that she didn't have to struggle with life here on earth anymore and that she would see me again. I was her caregiver while she was sick and she died here at our home.

Elaine Wilkinson said:

Peg Edwards said:

Yes I do. My mother came back to me (in her human form) and told me she was in heaven and that I needed to stop crying every day and get on with my life. She died from cancer, she was a smoker all her life and they found cancer in her neck. The operated to try to remove it, in doing so they removed half her neck. When she appeared to me...she was healed and completely beautiful again! After that I felt a real peace and was able to move on!

I lost my husband of 35 years 8 months ago and I long for him to appear to me, but so far that is just wishfull thinking. Hopefully God will also allow him to comfort me in the same way!

Hi Peg - Did your mother appear to you when you were dreaming?  I have never heard of someone appearing when awake but I have heard of it in a dream.  I certainly believe they can come to comfort us but I'd like to know why some do and others don't appear to us.  I am hoping for a dream from my husband too, I hope we both get our wish.  I lost him a year ago this weekend from pancreatic cancer.  He was just 61 and we were retired and enjoying life when this hit.  We were married 44 1/2 years.  Best wishes, Elaine Wilkinson

Hello, I am new here.  I lost my Dad on February 19th to an unexpected and HORRIBLE, metastasized melanoma cancer that had invaded his body.  We first learned of 16 tumors on the brain the day after Christmas and later learned of the cancer in many other areas all starting as melanoma.  First told that he had 6-8 months to live and he died in under two months.  I live 8 hours away from my parents but made three trips during that brief period.  I was at his bedside the moment he passed and told him that "Everything would be o.k." and thanked him for being a wonderful father and said some departing prayers with my Mom.  In answer to the question, I believe I HAVE received signs from Dad since he passed.  NO visions, as of yet, but OTHER signs.  I have had odd encounters with monarch butterflies in my garden where I planted a memorial garden to him.  They say that monarch butterflies frequently represent our deceased loved ones, along with blue jays.  In addition, I have been in stores or other locations where I have seen somebody that looks UNBELIEVABLY similar to my dad who will happen to be looking at an item near us.  Another example, one night I was on Facebook and the cursor moved over to the sidebar on top of the area to click on my sister's facebook page.  My dad had never seen Facebook but was very curious about the internet while he was alive.  I believe he was near me and was "checking out" my sister's facebook page. (Didn't actually click on it, but mysteriously my cursor moved on it's own on top of the area as if I were to click it.)  I also had a "miracle" in regards to my vehicle which wouldn't start while in my daughter's car rider pick up line.  I tried and tried to re-start the van with no luck.  Another man came over and tried, as well with no luck.  Then, without rhyme or reason.... when I was just going to put the car in neutral for the man to push it, I put the keys in the ignition again, attempted to start it and it started.  My dad was always concerned with me having a safe vehicle while alive and i believe he was somehow involved in this "miracle".  So I can only say from my perspective that they are definitely NEAR us and we just have to be open to these subtle signs or various forms they may appear in.  This is just my take on this subject.  I wish he WOULD appear to me.  I miss him terribly.

I wish I could believe that our loved ones come back, but I have looked thru out the Bible and there is nothing that says they could appear. I keep praying and hoping. My Babe died so sudden and there are so many things I want to say and I would love to just hold him again just one more time.

In 2008, our 21 year old son, Aaron was killed in a motorcycle accident.  I did not believe or dis-believe in life after death, messages from the other side or psychic activity.  I thought it interesting but that's as far as my interest....until my son's accident.  Aaron's determination to get through to us has been so remarkable and persistent.  There was no way that he was going to stop until he got through to us.  I have started a web site, blog and written a book about my experiences because I feel that everyone deserves to know that our loved ones still communicate with us and that they are doing fine.  I was so heart broken when my son passed.  I think that he would not settle to watch me in that awful state and he knew that he could help me and that I would pass my amazing story of miracles along to help others.  This web site has graciously included my web site and book on their pages.  Please visit my site and I hope that it will bring some peace to your heart.  www.aaronsmailbox.com

Hi Jean,

I to read the bible and your right, there is nothing to say they can appear and although i have not lost faith I do believe they appear in their own way. I smell my husband (his after shave) in the oddest places and although many men do wear it, each persons body lets of its own distinct smell. I feel my husband with me. The bible teaches us that such occurances are the work of saitan but i dont believe that, because when i feel my husbands presence i get the same warm feeling i did when he would cuddle men and i have never had that feeling with anyone but him.This is the way i look at it, its like people who dont believe in god, just because you cant see him does not mean he is not real.Although god is a very powerful force and the creator of all things,sometimes i just think that some things just cant be explained they just are.I have not seen my husband in image form but i have smelt him,heard him and i dream of him. little signs are all around us and if your babe is still here with you he will let you know, you just have to be open to it, its not to say you have to turn your back on the bible but more so to believe in many things,miracles,possabilities but most of all love your love and your babes love for each other because the one thing i have gotten from the bible is that love is a powerful force.

Jean McClintock said:

I wish I could believe that our loved ones come back, but I have looked thru out the Bible and there is nothing that says they could appear. I keep praying and hoping. My Babe died so sudden and there are so many things I want to say and I would love to just hold him again just one more time.

Hi Bethany,

Please just read John 5:28,29 - it does speak of our love ones coming back.  I lost my father and I am looking forward to seeing my Dad again.  The Bible does not offer us idle words that does not get fulfilled.  I read Revelation 21:3,4.  Are all of these useless promises.  God can not lie (Titus 1:2)  I know, we all have our different belief but one thing we can not all deny is what we see and read in the Bible.  I do not wish to remain hopeless and looking to man to help me determine what will happen to my Dad.  The Bible tells us.  Read it......;.;The information is there for our benefit so that we will know what happens to our Dear Love Ones.   I love my Dad so very much and the scriptures brings me comfort - I refuse to believe that God can not fulfill his promises.  So, yes - I am looking forward to seeing my Dad - however, the conditons will be much better then what we see today. 

Bethany King said:

Hi Jean,

I to read the bible and your right, there is nothing to say they can appear and although i have not lost faith I do believe they appear in their own way. I smell my husband (his after shave) in the oddest places and although many men do wear it, each persons body lets of its own distinct smell. I feel my husband with me. The bible teaches us that such occurances are the work of saitan but i dont believe that, because when i feel my husbands presence i get the same warm feeling i did when he would cuddle men and i have never had that feeling with anyone but him.This is the way i look at it, its like people who dont believe in god, just because you cant see him does not mean he is not real.Although god is a very powerful force and the creator of all things,sometimes i just think that some things just cant be explained they just are.I have not seen my husband in image form but i have smelt him,heard him and i dream of him. little signs are all around us and if your babe is still here with you he will let you know, you just have to be open to it, its not to say you have to turn your back on the bible but more so to believe in many things,miracles,possabilities but most of all love your love and your babes love for each other because the one thing i have gotten from the bible is that love is a powerful force.

Jean McClintock said:

This is one fact that is truth. Your soul has a body, your body is not a soul. We are energy and energy does not die. These are truths from science and spirituality. Our souls are connected to our loved ones who's body has perished. They way I feel is, my brothers soul is in my soul and we are living. Facial expressions, gestures, sense of humor, seeing there eyes in a smile. I whole heartily believe this. I can find comfort in this. Afterlife is a strange word to me. I think there is just life, I hope I do not offend anyone. I just find this comforting, I hope maybe someone else does too.  He chose to end his physical existence 6/17. I truly can feel his soul..

It would be difficult for me to believe that my bff is still out there, somewhere...trying to communicate with me or her family. If she is, then why wont she do something positive?? like stoping her husband from loseing his job or perventing one of her daughters from seeing a total loser?? I don't know.. If she was to make herself known to me.. I think I'd be more afraid then comforted.. So my answer to the fourm question is.. no. I dont believe in "signs from the other side". But thats just me...

RSS

Latest Conversations

Steve G. commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
12 hours ago
Sara Murphy left a comment for Marquis Taylor
13 hours ago
Sara Murphy commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
13 hours ago
Marquis Taylor is now a member of LegacyConnect
yesterday

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2020   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service