After 29 wonderful years, my soul mate went home September 30, 2009 at 12:35 p.m. He fought lung cancer for almost 2 years, stage 3. I miss him more than words can say. I want him back, but when I think of the suffering and pain he went through, I thank the Lord for carrying him gently home. I know he is watching down over me. I don't know why but I have never really cried since the day he passed. His memorial is set for this Saturday. Maybe after it's all over, I will grieve.

Aloha, Linda

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

You talk about celebrating his life, on my Gene.s 51st birthday, I let the grandkids make him a birthday cake and me and my father -in -law blew up 51 baloons! My son and sister BBQ'd and after we ate, we let dad and the kids blow out the candles and we let the baloons loose, we put notes and the grandkids names inside the baloons. It was a sad day but it was also a good day and I think it helped my children and grandchildren, we have aggreed to do this every year. It is very hard to celebrate but he was the strength of our family and we miss him so. next month will be a year, sometimes it seem like forever and sometimes it seems like yesterday.
Such a beautiful way to celebrate Gene's life. Thank for sharing this lovely story.
Linda, I too lost my husband after 29 years. I totally understand when you say he was you "soul mate". My husband had pancreatic cancer that he fought for about 19 months. I found that I grieved more about a month later, after all the fuss died down and family and friends didnt call as much anymore, and life "kinda" returned to normal. I also miss my husband terribly, but I wouldn't want him back if it meant he had to return to the pain and suffering. Grieving is different for everyone! Don't let anyone tell you what you are doing isn't normal! Hope all went well!

God Bless,
Karen

RSS

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2022   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service