Joe, passed away on March 28th, 2009, I can't believe it's been almost a year, the pain is still as deep as it was the night he left me, I do what I have to do, I can't find pleasure in anything, I have this urge to start screaming and not stop. We we're shy of 3 months of being together 28 years, he was truly my best friend, we have 3 sons, and 3 grandchildren, and I love them dearly, but I don't care if I live or die.

Views: 18

Replies to This Discussion

I lost my husband to cancer on march 5th. He got only 2 weeks to live after we found out. He did get to see our new 6 day old grandson so i will hold that in my heart forever.I miss my husband so much but we had a good 9 years together.our doggie, josie still runs in the house looking for her daddy! Rod, I miss you so much, when will the crying end?
So sorry from the loss of your beloved wife. I lost my husband on the 5th of March to cancer. He went within 2 weeks of finding out he had cancer. We were married 9 years, very good 9 years. My heart is so empty with him gone. Our dog still runs thro the house looking for her daddy. But I have good friends & neighboors to help me thro. Work helps also, keeps my mind busy. I live in Mill Creek, Wash. My ph. 3 is 425- 338-2113 if you ever want to call & we can just talk about our loved ones.Kathy Carlson
Hi Terri,
My Terry passed away 2 months after our 28th wedding anniversary, he was 48 years old. It took me about a year and a half before I could even function. I went
to work everyday but fell apart the second I got in the car to head home. I couldn't manage to do the simplest things, like change a light bulb. Our 2 grandsons were the only thing that brought me any joy. The time I spent with them gave me short periods of time where I could actually smile. I too thought everyone would be just fine if I weren't here anymore. The second year was still hard but felt different. I still cried a lot but not for such prolonged periods of time. Terry died on Thanksgiving so even now holidays are very hard for me. I have learned to do what's right for me and not what others think I should do. Terry had been my best friend for 32 years and when he died my life suddenly had no purpose. Cry and yell and scream when you need to. I didn't think I could survive one day without him and it's been 6years now. I have to say my sense of time no longer exists. It feels like only yesterday that Terry left me and then again it feels like a lifetime. You need to give yourself time. My heart is still broken and I still fall apart from time to time but you can do this. Take baby steps.
Suzie
Terri,

This has been some month. There are too many of us here facing the same one year mark all at once. And even though we are living it everyday, it still seems unreal. The pain cuts so deep and it's so hard to breathe.

Although this life is hard, I do hope you can find some small piece of joy to grab onto. Being ripped apart especially right before your anniversary is very difficult. My Tom passed away just 2 months and 9 days before our 25th anniversary. I understand how cheated and unfair missing that anniversary feels for you.

Go ahead and scream if you need to, release that frustration, pain, and anger. You have every right to feel the way you do.

I'm sending hugs your way, wishing you some peace as you move forward this week toward THE DAY.

Take care of yourself,

Marlena (and Tom)
Always and Forever

RSS

Latest Conversations

Wonda Hurt is now a member of LegacyConnect
Jan 20
Shelva linen is now a member of LegacyConnect
Jan 18
Charles E. Nelson commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
Jan 17
Marsha H commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
Jan 15

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2023   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service