We seem to hear you whisper,
"Cheer up and carry on."
Each time we see your picture,
You seem to smile and say,
"Don't cry, I'm in God's keeping,
We'll meet again someday."

Views: 236

Replies to This Discussion

Like your Mark, my Douglas suffered from end stage Parkinson's disease. He had it for over 20 years when he died at age 62. Douglas was starting to develop Parkinsonism Dementia -- that, coupled with the mere fact he had already lost the ability to speak, walk, or do daily tasks for himself, was a prison. I agree with you Lois, this isn't about me. Douglas was tired and he suffered long and hard. He fought the uphill battle to stay here for me -- and I finally took that dreaded step and told him that it was okay to let go. I would be okay -- and I will. He is at peace physically and mentally. I miss him and love him, and I am so very grateful that he came into my life and loved me unconditionally. That will never die -- and I know that God has him back and is keeping him very busy!! Knowing Douglas he is probably doing cartwheels, running, jumping and shooting hoops. Things he could not do for over 20 years, and that makes me smile -- again. Yes, I have a million wonderful memories and had the experience of true love. Not everyone can say that -- and Douglas is not "lost" he has moved on to the next step. He always had to be first!!! Peace and love to all of you -- without your support and loving words this journey of grief would have been a lot worse.

Hugs,

Brigitte
This is beautiful, but very, very sad. Why God takes good people away from us?
06/15/10- lost my husband 11/19/2009 -june 4th was our wedding anniversary and tomorrow is his birthday just happened to be reading thru some of the discussions - came across this one - wow did it hit home - i used this saying on his prayer cards as well- he had suffered with cancer for over 10 years - he was a fighter right up to the very end- he had attitude and thats what gave me 10 extra years with him - cant wait for the month of june to be over so i can move forward
Rachel, my Baby fought hard against his Lung Cancer but it took him quick. Nine month, not enough... I miss him so much and love the pick of the sekeletons in the same grave cuddling up together. That is love forever. He wanted to be a grandad and see his children graduate. I am in total darkness without him, a lost soul without his guidance. We are lucky they chose us and gave us their hearts!
I have to agree with all the post.Mike ( my husband ) fought hard to and after a 10 yr. battle with emphysema, he had a massive heart attack, no warning there was a heart problem.I know he didn't want to leave me but god saved him from the awfull last stages of the emphysema and that I'm greatfull for as it is a horriable way to die. 13 and a half months have passed and I thought I was doing better and I am but, today is a hard day woke up and started crying and thinking about him. It's not any special day, but I guess you really can't predict when your emotions will spiral down, hopefully tommorow will be a better day. God Bless all.

RSS

Latest Conversations

Cheryl Clemmens is now a member of LegacyConnect
7 hours ago
Anjie is now a member of LegacyConnect
May 10
Julie Ross is now a member of LegacyConnect
May 9
Debra Watts is now a member of LegacyConnect
May 6

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2022   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service