Greetings, all,

My church, St. Paul the Apostle, Chino Hills, California, has just started a GriefShare group as part of their Bereavement Ministry.

I have been having individual sessions twice monthly with the hospice counselor for the last 10 months, and they have been very helpful. I went to the group's first meeting this past Monday (5/3/2010) evening - they have a video, materials, a group of facilitators.

The materials are right on, with accurate information, etc. I would think some non-Christians might not be into all the Scriptural references, perhaps.

I did not say anything in this group, because I just found myself feeling angrier and angrier and angrier - I heard the real pain expressed by several people who had lost children, spouses, parents - but it just seemed TOO neat, TOO controlled, TOO packaged.

And I feel badly for saying this, because these types of groups DO help quite a few people - my hospice counselor did tell me (he's a MFT Intern, and I've come to respect him greatly; my husband was a Psy.D.) that he felt that because of the issues I had before Byron died that he felt individual sessions would be better for me - and I can see that he was right.

With the hospice counselor - I can be VERY angry - scream, yell, cry, and he can deal with it. In a group, there are all kinds of people - some express their grief quietly, softly - I just cannot, and I would not want to make others uncomfortable or upset because of _my_ need to be _extremely_ angry and vocal and loud.

Peace, healing, comfort and blessing be with and upon you all - Yaca Attwood Perkins

Views: 37

Replies to This Discussion

DEAR YACA: YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE ANGRY, TO SCREAM YELL, STOMP UP AND DOWN, TROW THINGS, IT'S ALL PART OF THE PROCESS, IF YOU LIVE IN THE COUNTRY OR THERE'S A PARK NEAR BY GO OUT AND "SCREAM" CRY TILL
SNOT COMES OUT YOUR NOSE, I KNOW NOT PRETTY BUT YOU HAVE TO LET GO YACA AND IF PEOPLE DONT GET YOU TOO BAD!!!!!

"SCREAM YACA SCREAM"
But please try not to scare the bears !

RSS

Latest Conversations

Dee m is now a member of LegacyConnect
14 hours ago
Profile IconChantel Brown, Stella Wilson, Daryl Geisheimer and 1 more joined LegacyConnect
yesterday
Theresia Wolf-McKenzie updated their profile
Saturday
Aimee M Gallagher is now a member of LegacyConnect
Nov 23

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2021   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service