Greetings, all,

My church, St. Paul the Apostle, Chino Hills, California, has just started a GriefShare group as part of their Bereavement Ministry.

I have been having individual sessions twice monthly with the hospice counselor for the last 10 months, and they have been very helpful. I went to the group's first meeting this past Monday (5/3/2010) evening - they have a video, materials, a group of facilitators.

The materials are right on, with accurate information, etc. I would think some non-Christians might not be into all the Scriptural references, perhaps.

I did not say anything in this group, because I just found myself feeling angrier and angrier and angrier - I heard the real pain expressed by several people who had lost children, spouses, parents - but it just seemed TOO neat, TOO controlled, TOO packaged.

And I feel badly for saying this, because these types of groups DO help quite a few people - my hospice counselor did tell me (he's a MFT Intern, and I've come to respect him greatly; my husband was a Psy.D.) that he felt that because of the issues I had before Byron died that he felt individual sessions would be better for me - and I can see that he was right.

With the hospice counselor - I can be VERY angry - scream, yell, cry, and he can deal with it. In a group, there are all kinds of people - some express their grief quietly, softly - I just cannot, and I would not want to make others uncomfortable or upset because of _my_ need to be _extremely_ angry and vocal and loud.

Peace, healing, comfort and blessing be with and upon you all - Yaca Attwood Perkins

Views: 37

Replies to This Discussion

DEAR YACA: YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE ANGRY, TO SCREAM YELL, STOMP UP AND DOWN, TROW THINGS, IT'S ALL PART OF THE PROCESS, IF YOU LIVE IN THE COUNTRY OR THERE'S A PARK NEAR BY GO OUT AND "SCREAM" CRY TILL
SNOT COMES OUT YOUR NOSE, I KNOW NOT PRETTY BUT YOU HAVE TO LET GO YACA AND IF PEOPLE DONT GET YOU TOO BAD!!!!!

"SCREAM YACA SCREAM"
But please try not to scare the bears !

RSS

Latest Conversations

Profile IconChantel Brown, Stella Wilson, Daryl Geisheimer and 1 more joined LegacyConnect
yesterday
Theresia Wolf-McKenzie updated their profile
Saturday
Aimee M Gallagher is now a member of LegacyConnect
Nov 23
Profile IconSally Parkman and SUSAN GORDON joined LegacyConnect
Nov 22

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2021   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service