Came Across this letter and wanted to share it with all ....myself included

The Holidays can be hard on all of us in grief.

May we remember: all our tears are simply a stream of our love releasing.

Our pain is a reflection of our ability to truly love. Love is the greatest gift of all. May we remember it is better to have loved than to have never have loved at all.

We may feel in hindsight that we did not love enough, however we all see things in hindsight in which we wish we had done better. What is important to remember now is that we loved the best that we could, and the gift of one passing is we learn to love even more.

Our love ones, love us and feel us. Even though they have left their physical bodies, they are still alive in spirit. Honor them by lighting a candle, putting their shirt over a chair at the table, making their favorite dish, saying a prayer, or playing their favorite music. Trust in the invisible relationship you have with them. The feeling they are near, or talking to them, or thinking about them.

Allow your creativity to help you in your healing. Writing, music, art, dance whatever your creative expression is will be helpful in healing your pain.

It is ok to feel, and thank you for expressing your feelings here at this site. As it helps us all remember we are not alone. We learn from each other, and each of your hearts expressing helps another.

Views: 83

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ellen, Thank you. I always find some comfort in your posts. Doug hugs to you.
Thanks Barbara. I am needing the comfort as well tonight and for me to give helps me to receive. Jim hugs to you.

Thank you for this post.  It will help me make it through Christmas and the New Year.

Peace,

Brigitte

That was a beautiful writting,thanks for posting it. God bless you,and all the people here that are going through a tough time during the Christmas season.

Thank you Ellen. This was helpful for me. I have been having an extremely hard time recently. The pressure was on me from co-workers to bake my popular pineapple cake for today's Christmas luncheon & I flat out refused, & privately was very angry & unreasonably shaken over the demand. My Larry LOVED this cake & everyone here knew it, plus he was here with us last Christmas. My daughter surprised me this morning by leaving a cake she prepared on my behalf, after I went to sleep last night! She made strawberry-a near second in Larry's opinion! Anyway, after reading your letter, I will feel better about preparing the pineapple cake in HONOR of Larry for my family. THANK YOU!!! I also hope to begin a scrapbook about him soon as well. God bless you -  Christy   P.S. Here's a photo of her cake :-)

Beautiful Cake...Peaceful Christmas In Honor of Larry, You and your Precious Family. Hugs. Ellen~

Christy said:

Thank you Ellen. This was helpful for me. I have been having an extremely hard time recently. The pressure was on me from co-workers to bake my popular pineapple cake for today's Christmas luncheon & I flat out refused, & privately was very angry & unreasonably shaken over the demand. My Larry LOVED this cake & everyone here knew it, plus he was here with us last Christmas. My daughter surprised me this morning by leaving a cake she prepared on my behalf, after I went to sleep last night! She made strawberry-a near second in Larry's opinion! Anyway, after reading your letter, I will feel better about preparing the pineapple cake in HONOR of Larry for my family. THANK YOU!!! I also hope to begin a scrapbook about him soon as well. God bless you -  Christy   P.S. Here's a photo of her cake :-)

Hi Ellen I know exactly how you feel, having lost my soulmate, 7months ago. I just cannot do anything, we used to do together, or even cook, the things he used to love. I want to remember the good times, but am trying to forgive myself for not staying with him to the end. I didnt think he was going to die, as he always bounced back, after any little setback. I feel so insecure if someone suggests, I do this or do that, to remember him, I am trying my best to put on a mask, when I talk to people, if they only know. That pain in my heart, is as real as it was the day he lost his battle to live. I dont know how long this feeling is going to last, my prayers are for all of us on this site, hugs to all of you.
As hard as it feels, it does help in the end to do these things to HONOR our LOVE.. Bill had gotten me the most beautiful Thomas Kinkaide Nativity and he would lovingly unwrap each piece and set it up for me on our mantel each Christmas. When my daughter said it was time to put up christmas the day after thanksgiving I said you go ahead, i don't think i can.. they went ahead and let me just sit and watch. I suddenly realized I was dishonoring Bill by not putting up that nativity. It was very hard to unwrap each piece but I talked to Bill and reminded him and me of some of the silly things that happened a few times as we set it up and in the end I love looking at it each day remembering the love he gave me with it. We must remember the love and honor them in all ways even some little rememmberances. You will find it worth it afterall. I hope everyone is surviving this week as comfortably as possible..

RSS

Latest Conversations

Leroy Singletary is now a member of LegacyConnect
yesterday
Carrie Daniels is now a member of LegacyConnect
Monday
DJ commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
Aug 4
Profile IconChristina Petty, Maria C Sisco, Michelle Stewart and 1 more joined LegacyConnect
Aug 2

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2022   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service