Don’t tell me that you understand. Don’t tell me that you know. 
Don’t tell me that I will survive, How I will surely grow. 
Don’t come at me with answers That can only come from me. 
Don’t tell me how my grief will pass, That I will soon be free. 
Accept me in my ups and downs. I need someone to share.
Just hold my hand and let me cry And say, “My friend, I care"

Views: 47

Replies to This Discussion

Love this! And its so true, hope you are doing as well as you can...MY FRIEND, I CARE!
Share anytime, I am here to listen and hold your hand. " My friend, I care"
Truer words were never spoken. I went away several weekends ago with my sister. She let me talk, and she talked, all I needed to about my husband. I thanked her for it. She understood the need. It is as simple as that. Others don't understand, all they need to do is sush up and listen.

Peace and comfort to you Hurting. Hugs to all.
I care and am so lost with my grief, guilt and loneliness how in the world could I ever judge someone else. I am a listening ear. A shoulder to cry on. Love to fill some of your empty heart. A friend.
Hurting, that is the neatest,to the point, poem I have ever saw. How very true and I will hold your hand for a moment and tell you, its ok Hurting, its ok. A true friend reaches out their hand and touches your heart. I want to be that friend to everyone on this site.Hugs to you. Hugs are good.
I saw you posted this on Facebook Hurting and I thought it was so good at expressing what we all feel. We don't need advice, we need someone to truly listen, and understand that we would rather me joyous and happy if we could, and we don't choose to be miserable and unhappy. Our life has been turned upside down and we will never have our lives back the way they use to be. We are mourning yesterday and fearful of the future, we are lost souls looking for the way, hopefully someday we will find some solace.
"My friend, I Care" too,
Nancy

RSS

Latest Conversations

Profile IconSandra Mosley and Ngeune Selinger joined LegacyConnect
9 hours ago
Steve G. commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
11 hours ago
Marsha H commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
14 hours ago
Mary. Jane commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
21 hours ago

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2019   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service