The first time I heard these lyrics it made me think that Tom was saying them directly to me. That no matter how far apart we are (in distance, not in sprirt) he will always be here to guide me through this journey. He will always be the one to hold me up even when I don't think I can last another second. I know that even though he is gone, I will never be alone...he's always by my side and supporting me through every step of this new life.

I love you, My Bunzy...Always and Forever!!

I Won't Let Go - Rascal Flatts

It's like a storm
That cuts a path
It's breaks your will
It feels like that

You think your lost
But your not lost on your own
Your not alone

I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
If you can't cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I wont let go

It hurts my heart
To see you cry
I know it's dark
This part of life
Oh it finds us all
And we're too small
To stop the rain
Oh but when it rains

I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
And you can't cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight

And I wont let you fall
Don't be afraid to fall
I'm right here to catch you
I wont let you down
It wont get you down
Your gonna make it
Yea I know you can make it

Cause I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
And you can't cope
And I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I wont let go
Oh I'm gonna hold you
And I wont let go
Wont let you go
No I wont

Views: 111

Replies to This Discussion

Well said, Hugs, Ed.

Thank you Marlena - what beautiful words.   I feel so much the same way, that each time those tears fall there are our loved ones, drying those tears....we will never be alone.

 

Thanks again for sharing.

Hugs, Carol

Marlena,

You are right, they are a part of us and always will be. My Larry was younger, but much wiser than me and I always said he was older than his years. His words still encourage me. Sometimes I'm afraid that in time I will forget, but others have assured me that's not the case. The words to the song are nice- I don't know it though. Since Larry died I haven't wanted to listen to songs/the radio. It's been just over 7 months & I'm just getting to where I can turn it on briefly, but so much reminds me of him I start crying & have to turn it off.

I wish you & your kids the best. If I remember right, your son will be having his 16th birthday soon won't he? If so, I hope it will be a celebration explosion! My son celebrated his 'golden birthday' in October, just 2 months after Larry passed & I didn't think I could do it, but we did it up as big as we could & had a wonderful time that people are still talking about! :-)  

Hugs~ Christy

I came here full of tears and begging God to give my husband back to me.

The words you wrote brought a calm to me. I just want to thank you and all that share their feelings.

I've never not been loved since I was a girl of 15 .

I have not even been held since my husband has passed away. I'm so lost at times but I know he's got to be here holding me up. Thank You again

Marlena the lyrics are beautiful and I can see how you gather strength from them.

Music at this time usually makes me feel very sad if it brings back any memories of us, especially in our early years together. But oddly enough I'd hear a song that I've never heard before and it's like it's coming directly from my late husband's heart.

Like GENISIS' which I never really listened to much; doing "Hold on My Heart". The first time I heard it was in Barnes & Noble and I just had to buy it right then and there!

Alanna,

 

Music has taken on a whole new meaning for me.  Immediately after losing Tom I started connecting songs on the radio with him.  It started with driving home from the hospital at 11:00 pm that night.  The songs on the radio were telling how I felt or they were talking to me from Tom.  It was strange and I have shed many tears just because of so many different songs, but all the songs are healing for me.  I like to think Tom is talking to me through the songs... somehow it helps. 

Now I'm going to have to find the Genesis song and listen to it. 

Hugs and comfort.


Alanna Bellflower said:

Marlena the lyrics are beautiful and I can see how you gather strength from them.

Music at this time usually makes me feel very sad if it brings back any memories of us, especially in our early years together. But oddly enough I'd hear a song that I've never heard before and it's like it's coming directly from my late husband's heart.

Like GENISIS' which I never really listened to much; doing "Hold on My Heart". The first time I heard it was in Barnes & Noble and I just had to buy it right then and there!


D'Andrea,

 

This is the hardest journey I think any of us will ever have to take in our lives.  How we get through to the other end is a mystery.  Somehow, it just happens.  You will wake up one day and think, wow, I have really made progress...it just sneaks up on you. 

I like to think our loved ones are never far.  They are watching over us and not missing a minute of our lives...if only we could see and hold them again...but someday!

It is so hard to lose the most important half of ourselves, especially when you have been together forever.  I felt so cheated, we were 2 months and 9 days short of our 25th anniversary and I always said we were going to be married 75 years.  We could have made it; we started dating in high school and we were married at 19. 

I think you have to hang on tight to all of the memories you have made, don't be afraid to relive them and let the tears flow, those tears can be so cathartic.  He will live on if you keep him present in your life everyday. 

Always remember this is the best place to come when you need support or inspiration.  Everyone here is understands where you are and we want to hold you up whenever you need it.  For now, take it one day at a time, one breath at a time.

Wishing you peace and comfort.

 

D'Andrea Prater said:

I came here full of tears and begging God to give my husband back to me.

The words you wrote brought a calm to me. I just want to thank you and all that share their feelings.

I've never not been loved since I was a girl of 15 .

I have not even been held since my husband has passed away. I'm so lost at times but I know he's got to be here holding me up. Thank You again

Christy,

You are so sweet for remember Nick's birthday.  It's July 22nd and that's a lot closer than I like to think it is...he is not allowed to grow up! 

It's great that you were able to carry on for your son's birthday...I bet Larry was right there cheering you on!  You will never forget him.  I have had moments where I felt I was forgetting his voice or his smell, but the essence of him will never leave me.  He was (and still is) my heart and soul.  That is something you will never lose!

 

I am the opposite of you.  I was instantly drawn to music.  Music tells the story of how I feel or it is like Tom is talking to me through the lyrics of so many songs.  I cry through most songs, a little less now, but the tears were always healing tears for me.  I started using Itunes and created 3 discs with songs that were about Tom, either the words we me talking to him or him to me. 

We all have our own way of making it through...I read you are doing amazing things in honor of Larry.  What a great way to keep Larry present in your life everyday!!!  You can make this happen and Larry will be with you every step of the way!!!

 

(((Hugs)))

Christy said:

Marlena,

You are right, they are a part of us and always will be. My Larry was younger, but much wiser than me and I always said he was older than his years. His words still encourage me. Sometimes I'm afraid that in time I will forget, but others have assured me that's not the case. The words to the song are nice- I don't know it though. Since Larry died I haven't wanted to listen to songs/the radio. It's been just over 7 months & I'm just getting to where I can turn it on briefly, but so much reminds me of him I start crying & have to turn it off.

I wish you & your kids the best. If I remember right, your son will be having his 16th birthday soon won't he? If so, I hope it will be a celebration explosion! My son celebrated his 'golden birthday' in October, just 2 months after Larry passed & I didn't think I could do it, but we did it up as big as we could & had a wonderful time that people are still talking about! :-)  

Hugs~ Christy


Carol,

I love knowing we will never be alone!!

We will be forever loved!

Hugs

 

 

Carol Kayser said:

Thank you Marlena - what beautiful words.   I feel so much the same way, that each time those tears fall there are our loved ones, drying those tears....we will never be alone.

 

Thanks again for sharing.

Hugs, Carol

Julie,

Music has been my solace.  I have to believe that Tom is never far away.  I have always said that if he had any choice in the matter he would never have left us.  He was our world and I know we were his.

Hang on tight to all the memories you have made and hang on tight to your kids, too.  Together you will all get through.

Wishing you peace to get through each day.

 



Julie said:

What a beautiful message. This is one of the best Rascal Flatts songs. There are so many songs that I love. Music is special to me. There are such great messages in lyrics. I bet Tom is with you always. I too would like to believe...Hugs, Julie 

Thanks, Ed.

Hugs

Edler Sterling Broussard said:

Well said, Hugs, Ed.
Marlena, thanks for sharing this. I have not heard this song but the words are beautiful. I am going to look it up on here and listen to it. I do believe that Waymon is always here with me helping me to get stronger each day and I know that he will always be with me wiping away the many tears that I shed. This is a very hard and long journey but I do know that i will be with him for eternity someday. Hugs to you.

RSS

Latest Conversations

dream moon posted a group
1 hour ago
Mireya bahena is now a member of LegacyConnect
9 hours ago
dream moon commented on jen's group loss of a parent
Thursday
Profile IconPhil Romeo, Gary, Emma Robertson and 1 more joined LegacyConnect
Apr 6

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2021   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service