Okay, I know I'm still new at this grief thing (my Charlie died 37 days ago). When I don't feel excruciating pain and sorrow, I feel dead inside. I seem to be hearing the same thing from some of the rest of you who have been at this for two years or more. I am 66. I could live another 20 years. If I have to feel dead inside for all those years, I absolutely do not want to live. God created marriage and I think he meant it to be forever. I can remember when I was 20 and newly married I kept saying that I wanted to die at the same time as Charlie or at least go before him. Now here I am stuck alone. There is nothing I do that doesn't remind me of him or make me wonder if he would like what I'm doing. It does not seem worth doing anything if it is alone. I am seriously trying to figure out how to be with him. This not a cry for help, just a question of why we have to go on.

Views: 2293

Replies to This Discussion

I still make my husbands coffee all the time without even realising im doing it, when my father in law came over for coffee and i handed him his and then sat mine and peters down. i realised what i had done but his dad was great about it he just said "Peter dont be rude beth made you coffee drink it".lol i couldnt stop laughing. I also still set a plate a dinner time

Jane Favara said:

I thought this was funny maybe you all will find it funny as well.. I still can't get this coffee right I'm still making extra . LOL I think I'll just go 7- 11.

Bethany:

I know what you mean. My niece and her husband were here for lunch and I got out four plates. Most everything here is where it was when Charlie had his accident and we left for the hospital. His work clothes are draped over a chair in the garage and there is a pair of pliers laying on the floor where he dropped them. I can't stand to move anything - don't know how I'll ever go through his closet.

Julie L

RSS

Latest Conversations

DontWannaDisclose joined Lorie Petrey's group
Wednesday
Joan Mosher posted a status
"My brother passed away on September 26th 12 Days after is 52nd birthday and I'm tough time"
Tuesday
Profile IconJoan Mosher and DontWannaDisclose joined LegacyConnect
Tuesday
CAB joined Lisa W's group
Sunday

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2021   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service