As most of you know, I am new to this site and would like to ask a favor. I try to read all of your pages that I can to learn your situations so I can share and be with you as much as I would like you to be with me. I see that we have a profile info area at the top of our MY PAGE. I know its hard but if you could share the date of your beloveds death, birthdate, anniversary, little something about the way they passed, or anything like this that might help some of us be here more for you. I thought maybe I couldn't see what anyone wrote cus I hadn't friended many but nope nada for most. If there are reasons its not there I appreciate you telling me to shut my mouth or whatever you choose. I'm not trying to be nosey or anything I promise. This is a very personal site and we share very personal feelings. Setting your profile to JUST FRIENDS is fine but helps if I know that is what it is. I hope no one will be upset by this. I truely do want to be here for anyone I can and I know sometimes its hard to have to explain over and over what our personal situations are so once on our page helps everyone in the end. Thx and hugs to everyone. I too wish none of us had to be here but since we have been put in this place, lets really continue to be here for one another.

Views: 94

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story Marlena. Your fairytale is amazing. Take care of yourself. hugs
KATHY, JUST WANTED TO SAY, I DONT HAVE A COMPUTER AT HOME AND ONLY HAVE ACCESS TO THE ONE I WORK. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A PICTURE OF MY HUSBAND POSTED BUT I AM SURE I CANT DO IT FROM WORK. I REALLY WAS AMAZED I ACTUALLY WAS ABLE TO GET ON THIS SITE.
I must admit to being baffled about what shows and what doesn't. I've fiddled with my page settings, but that doesn't always seem to address my questions. Whatever I've typed in the little "what brings you here" box doesn't show up when I look at my page. I also cannot see much in other people's profiles, but people I'm not "friends" with seem to be able to see my page - I think I set it to be open to the network or the group. It would be nice if the web hosts provided some online technical assistance or, at least, FAQs (hint, hint).
Dear Kathy, I wanted to say that I think your interest in everyone is humbling. I thought whoever wanted to could read my first and only blog on 'My Page' and I don't mind sharing that at the age of 61 my husband passed away on January 22, 2010 after having the last three years of his life going through much, too much to mention here. It was from complications of esophageal cancer that was only found during a 9 hour surgery to remove a very small growth of a totally different cancer from the inside of his mouth. From giving the Doctors a history of his choking episodes he had on occasion they suspected this cancer, so while he was under anasthesia they took a biopsy from his esophagus. Little did either of us know what would ensue in the few years ahead of us. Each and every one of us has such a sad background of what we all have gone through. When Danny's physical pain ended, my emotional pain began and I had no clue whatsoever that it would be like this. I am having my ups and downs, mostly downs lately, which is why I haven't been posting much. What I would like to comment about is that there are 694 members at this time on legacy just for bereaved spouses. Where is everyone. Just making an observation. I thank you, though, for your interest in all of us here. Your husband had an amazing understanding of what was happening as he gave his possessions and said his goodbye's. What a trooper and I mean that sincerely. I think he lived a good life especially with you in it. You are an amazing person too since you are trying to help others and be involved. I would like you to be my friend. Take care.
God bless,
Suzanne
Hi,
My name is Jane I'm 49 years old . My husband died Dec 8th 2009 on his birthday. He died of 2 heart attacks an aneurysm in his aorta and a blood clot in his intestine. He just turned 54 years old. We been together since 1980.Nov 2 will be my 25th wedding anniversary. 30 years all together. I would like to be friends also cause no one understands what I'm going through all their spouse are here with them.

zx2angel23@yahoo.com

RSS

Latest Conversations

Leroy Singletary is now a member of LegacyConnect
Tuesday
Carrie Daniels is now a member of LegacyConnect
Monday
DJ commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
Aug 4
Profile IconChristina Petty, Maria C Sisco, Michelle Stewart and 1 more joined LegacyConnect
Aug 2

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2022   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service