I would really like a friend (or more than one) that is experiencing a similar situation to mine.  I am 46.  My husband was 36.  I have a grown daughter and a son in college and my husband's son is 10 and lives in another state.  We had no children of our own.  We have been married almost 7 years.  He was in a horrible automobile accident on April 16 and had to be removed from life support on April 18 due to the severity of the head injuries. The accident was not his fault. He was only going about 35.  Someone pulled out in front of him and his vehicle rolled.  We were together almost all of the time since we lived and worked together in our own business.  I am just lost without my best friend.  I have a lot of family and friends but most of them have returned to their normal life and they have no idea what I'm facing each day. My mental health has always been good.  I don't mind being sad because I don't want the memories to fade at all but I just feel so alone right now.  I miss my husband.

Views: 469

Replies to This Discussion

I am sorry for your loss, I can identify with many of the things you have said.  My husband was my best friend also.  I miss his since of humor, his great laugh and mostly just his conversation.  I am very new in the journey as you are so I have very few answers to offer.  You said that you have allot of family and friends and this is very healthy for you to spend as much time in normal situations as you can.  You don't however mention God at all in you message  but I just want to take this opportunity to remind you that you are never alone.  Jesus promises that he is with us always even to the end of the age. When you look around and don't see anyone to talk to just remember you can always look up.  All the people in this support group are here for you too and will gladly listen anytime you want to vent.  Take care and God Bless,   Janice

Janice, thank you for the reminder that we are truly never alone. I believe in God with my entire being, but those reminders are needed sometimes. many hugs and much love Julie

Leeah, this is what griefwork is all about, sadness, loneliness, pain sorrow, and so many more emotions, anger, sickness tons of them. but for what ever reason God called him home, my son was taken from me the same way so I know how cruel this can be, and he too was just a baby of 21 also.  Sweetie we have to walk through these emotions and own them and only then can we begin to see that God does not make mistakes. you need to vent, scream, yell cry and let me tell you how many times I have gone to the angelpark and just screamed at the top of my lungs.  I know your pain sweetie and so wish nobody ever had to endure loss, but that is god's plan for each of us as you see thisis the dress rehearsal. and your husband will be waiting for you...he does love you so.

IT'S GONNA GET A LIL BIT BETTER EACH DAY. IT'S NOT GOING TO GO AWAY BECAUSE THE LIL THINGS AND MEMORIES R GONNA BE THERE. HOLD ON TO THE GOOD TIMES AND NEVER NEVER LET THEM GO. IT'S HE BEEN ALMOST 3 YRS AND I STEAL CRY AND CRY BUT THEN I REMEMBER THE LAUGHTER AND THE JOY I HAD.MY HUBBY WAS MY BEST FRIEND.

Hi Leeah, I too on April 18th, had my entire world change. My husband of just shy of 21years went home to Jesus.

We were together about 27 years, more than 1/2 my life.

I am alone, except for our dog. I read mostly everybody has children. We did not.I was not working, we were together 24/7 and shared thest beautiful marriage, truly blessed!

He completes my breaths, we love everything and found joy in the simplest things.

We enjoyed everything about each other, and every minute of life. Silly things, like  even commercials.

y

My world is so different, everybody has their own lives and their own families, thus the lonliness.

I am very sorry for your loss, and all the grief and suffering here. 

My husband taught me, when my Mummy went to be with Our Lord, to take it one minute at a time. Then when you make it through that minute, take five minutes at a time, then an hour, and soon you will make it through a whole day.

I use his wisdom now, as my heart wrenches in intense pain. I now have made it through 56 nights. I sleep little, my mind all night races, as my heart aches. I sob so much, I wonder when the tears will stop.

I hate mornings, noons, and nights.

I am trying to keep in prayer, seeking God for answers, knowing only He can give them.

I am not angry at God, but my heart is hurt, so deeply.

Tr

Goofy computer, sorry, I was trying to say take it minute by minute, as I am. It helps. Then I don't get that panicy feeling, Lord Bless you!

RSS

Latest Conversations

Chicago Beard commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
20 hours ago
Profile IconWinona and MaryJo joined LegacyConnect
23 hours ago
Mary. Jane commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
yesterday
deborah peck commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
yesterday

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2020   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service