It was a cloudy Friday morning and things simply appeared off! I couldn't explain it except that it appeared as though I needed to call Mom in Berrien Springs, Michigan. Have you ever had a Still Small Voice speak to you and although you heard the words; you simply didn't want to move or do what you knew you had to do? Some would call this a preminition but I call it God Intervention. This was one of those days in which I simply will not forget! My Mom and I were not that close so the thought of calling her was not exactly pleasant. I am one of three . . . yes, a triplet in which never really fit in with the others. I know it sound a bit strange but it's so. So anyway my day continued and three times I heard the Still Small Voice say, "Call your Mom." Me being the stubborn child I simply could not call. I knew how the conversation would go & I just couldn't face it! Little did I know I might not be able to except the news that would occur on October 4th, 1997. I got a phone call from Betty, my sister. Her voice was broken as she tried to convey the appropriate words as to prompt a flight into South Bend, Indiana. Betty said, "Well, there's no easy way to put this . . . Mom died in her sleep." All I could think was well I guess I'll never be making that phone call again and there doesn't appear to be a direct phone line to Heaven! I got on a plane and seem to hold it together until crossing lake Michigan. I broke down!! I could not keep it together!! I really didn't expect this after all I wasn't even at the viewing. I learned a hard lesson that day. We are given gifts from our God almighty! We can choose to open the package or reject it! Which will you choose this day? Yes I know I cannot take back what I did but I will one day soon face my Savior Jesus Christ and hopefully I will have a bow tied package waiting for me to open! I'd love to see Mom happy and complete without the signs and symptoms of Congestive Heart Failure. To this day I have learned to forgive myself for my unwise decisions. How have you chosen to forgive your self through your regrets? This is one of many keys to your healing process! Please share with us!

Views: 13

Attachments:

Latest Conversations

Profile IconKatie Garvey and Denise Campbell joined LegacyConnect
23 hours ago
Chen Yan is now a member of LegacyConnect
Friday
Steve G. commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
Friday
Marsha H commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
Friday

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2020   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service