It's hard for me to cope I'm up crying all night everytime I look at his picture I cry and go to his house I cry I'm just real depressed right now I'm an only child he passed in his sleep i just don't understand will it get easier

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

I am so sorry for the loss of your father. I share your sorrow as I also lost my father suddenly on august 22nd of this last year. I am also an only child - so I relate to that experience as well. The loss of my dad has been the most poignant loss in my life, in fact, I am still waiting for a single day without tears. I can't tell you that it gets better but I do say that it gets more bearable.

The first few weeks are the most horrendous -- in fact, I sometimes look back and wonder how the heck I made it. But I did. So will you. Right now everything is so raw but it does get more bearable. Honestly it does. You come to find a new normal.

I can't begin to express how sorry I am that we share the terrible loss of our beloved fathers. However, I hope the knowledge that others have survived will offer some hope to you today.
I'm so deeply sorry for the loss of your dad. I wish I knew words that would help to lessen the pain. I haven't heard those words either; My daddy left us on 02/22/2010, also in his sleep. In a way I found it comforting to read what you wrote. I think it gave me some validation of my feelings, because I feel like people (husband & kids) are thinking I shouldn't still be crying all day. I too walk in mom & daddy's house and my heart just falls to the floor. I've been told that in time, the pain will not be constant, but it will be there forever.
I am sorry for your loss. I never wondered when the grief would end. I thought that if the grief ended then I might forget about Dad and Mom, and I did not want that. I wanted Dad and Mom with me forever. However, I still needed to live my life while grieving my loss of Mom and Dad. I took control of my grief and read grief books, attended grief workshops/seminars/bereavement services, whatever good I could find. I felt like I was helping myself grieve in a good way. Mom and Dad would want me to go on and have a good life. Dad and Mom are in my heart forever; they always were. That will never change whether they are on earth or in Heaven. God Bless
Yes Yolanda,
It will get easier but it takes time. Did you know that you can have the real hope of seeing him again? The bible says at Revelation 21:3-5, "....he (God) will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things former things have passed away....And the One seated on the throne said: "Look I am making all things new." Also, he says: "Write, because these words are faithful and true." God made sure these things were written in the bible to give us comfort and hope of a time when there will be no pain, sorrow, or even death. These things will happen right here on the earth. "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it." (Psalms 37:29) I hope these scriptures can provide you with some comfort as you go through this difficult time. katlin

RSS

Latest Conversations

Daniel Lara left a comment for laurie belasco
12 hours ago
Daniel Lara left a comment for laurie belasco
12 hours ago
laurie belasco left a comment for Daniel Lara
14 hours ago
laurie belasco left a comment for Daniel Lara
14 hours ago

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2022   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service