I miss my mom...I feel so alone. She passed away on 03/14/10. I don't know any part of my life without her. My father died when I was 4 and I never left my moms side. She helped raise my son who is now 10. I took care of her the last 3 years around the clock and now my world is changed. This world just doesn't look the same anymore. It is hard to live now. I am struggling even in being a parent to my own son, because I want nothing more than to be with my mom. I know that time is supposed to help me heal, but "in the meantime" is the most difficult thing to face...

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Mubette,

I also lost my father first, then my mom within the next year. You have to take comfort in a few things. Your mom left her legacy with your son, and now you must continue on. That is what she would have wanted. And don't forget the most IMPORTANT gift you gave your mom - you stayed with her and cared for her. There are few children that do that anymore. You showed her the greatest love for her by doing that. Each day gets a little better. Put one foot in front of the other and keep moving. Talk to a friend about your feelings. I had to seek a counselor, but the world will get better. It will never be the same. Remember the things your mom taught you. Use her strength to get you through this time. Your son needs you more now that ever. Pray to God each day to get you through. He is the only one who can give you peace. Keep the faith, you will endure. I'm sure of it.
I agree. My mom passed away 03/06/2010 only days before yours and I think about her every day. My 24 yr. old daughter tells me that I should stop grieving and go on. She doesn't know what it's like to lose a mother, the one who gives you life. I have joined a support group and that has helped talk about it and also listen to others and their loss. You just need to talk and it will help you feel better. Take care or your son. Your mom would want that.

RSS

Latest Conversations

Dee m is now a member of LegacyConnect
Tuesday
Profile IconChantel Brown, Stella Wilson, Daryl Geisheimer and 1 more joined LegacyConnect
Monday
Theresia Wolf-McKenzie updated their profile
Nov 26
Aimee M Gallagher is now a member of LegacyConnect
Nov 23

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2021   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service