I lost my Mom in August 2009, unexpectedly. She was only 54, and left so many that loved her, behind. She was admitted to the hospital because she collapsed at work, and I went to go see her 250 miles away. Thank goodness I did. I had spent a week there, and the doctors and nurses said she was going to be released, so I was going to come back home and get my kids, and come back to take care of her at home, until she was ready to go back to work. I came home on a Saturday and 20 minutes after I pulled into my driveway, I got a phone call from family that she passed away, and they tried to rasusitate and it was unsuccessful. I'm still in shock. In general she was in good health. I look back and get down on myself for all the things I didn't do with her, and ways I could have done better. I just keep on getting more depressed and sad...Just wondering if this is normal. Her death did not start becoming reality, until there has been some major things in my life going on. I always just want to pick up the phone and call her, and realize...I can't. Why is it that it is more real now, then when she passed? Maybe because nothing was planned? We had to plan and get things taken care of, because she had not prepared for dying. I guess it was just survival mode. I'm so sad, I want it to get better, but at this time, I'm not knowing what to do.

Views: 177

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

I lost my dad in July pretty unexpectedly. He was 67-years-old and left a wife and two kids that LOVED him behind.

He had been admitted to the hospital a few times then, he went to a nursing home when he died. He hadn't been in good health or eating then, we got the call one morning that he wasn't doing very well. My mom drove to the nursing home to see how he was which was a few miles away.

Now, I'm not sure if he had the right care and we had hope that he would be home soon.

Now, my mom and I were the ones who helped him. He also had a home-health nurse and a physical thearapist but, they weren't helping.

I'm just REALLY struggling right now. It makes me cry sometimes.

I know that it'll get better though.

God Bless,

Lori Sherry
You just take oneday at a time because i am still sad about my mother,Hoildays birthday christmas just the special things you would do with your buddie. I CRY everyday you will never get over it you just do the best you can. Some days are good and so many are bad. My mother will be gone 2 years on thankgiving day and you know how I around about now very very sad crying all the time now a song can come a movie or just riding along in our truck. I will pray for you we all need prayer right now just remember we all need prayer at this time of the year. God bless you
I am so sorry for your loss. I to find myself wanting to pick up the phone and call my mother also which my mother passed away this march 2010 and boy do I miss her just the other day I was going thru something and it hit me my mother has really passed away.I often more so then not think of ways and things I could have done better or done in general for my mother. its not till we lose them that we really see that they are the best friend we will ever have. know im here and will be praying for you and you can contact me any time you would like and we can talk any time GOD BLESS
I am so sorry for your loss. I to find myself wanting to pick up the phone and call my mother also which my mother passed away this march 2010 and boy do I miss her just the other day I was going thru something and it hit me my mother has really passed away.I often more so then not think of ways and things I could have done better or done in general for my mother. its not till we lose them that we really see that they are the best friend we will ever have. know im here and will be praying for you and you can contact me any time you would like and we can talk any time GOD BLESS

RSS

Latest Conversations

Profile Icondedra stokes, Debra Perkins and Vladimir joined LegacyConnect
11 hours ago
Profile IconGenine Renee James and Claire Nyiti joined LegacyConnect
Thursday
Profile IconMoris Niknam, Fran Sherrell, esther and 5 more joined LegacyConnect
Jul 7
Fran Sherrell liked Fran Sherrell's profile
Jul 6

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2020   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service