This has never happened to me before. Around 3:30 this morning I woke up hearing my Mother calling my name. Her voice actually woke me up...she was calling my name over and over but soft like she didn't want to wake my husband. I sat up in bed and said "what's wrong Mom?" I heard her moaning and she said "I fell down." I jumped out of bed and ran down the hallway to the bedroom she had stayed in when she was with us. I turned on the lights and looked around the room. Boxes from her apt are stacked in this bedroom as I still haven't been able to go through them all. I turned out the lights and walked around in our dark house and finally went back to her bedrm and looked around again. As I stood there I told myself it had to be a dream but I felt it wasn't a dream as I stood there remembering the sound of her voice while I was rushing down the hallway vividly awake hearing her moaning in pain. I finally wandered back into our bedroom and climbed into bed. My husband who was awake by now asked me what was wrong. I told him what happened and he said you've just had a dream...go back to sleep. I tried to explain to him...her voice really woke me up..you don't understand...I really heard her voice calling out. It really truly was her voice calling my name over and over again. I never did get back to sleep. It is so strange how this makes me feel. I could hear the tone of her voice...the inflection...the way she said my name over and over..how softly but persistently she was calling for me...how she sounded. I don't think I will ever forget this morning. I can't stop thinking about it and feel weird even writing about it. I remember thinking at the time I must be dreaming but I was awake saying that to myself to rationalize it. It just sounds so crazy to say it outloud or write it down. I'm not telling any friends or family or than my husband as they will think I'm losing it. My husband insists it was a dream but I know what I heard. By the way my Mother fell on May 6th 2010 and broke her pelvis outside her apt when she took her little dog out before going to bed. It was the beginning of the end for her. Has anyone else had something like this happen to them? 

Views: 545

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry that I don't know your name to address this to you personally, but yes, this does happen.  I'm a firm believer in this type of communication.   My Mum passed on May 31, 2010.   Her funeral was the 4th of June.   The week following her funeral, I took to bed, which is my runaway place when I can't face pain.  I thought I heard something in the hallway and turned over only to see my Mum come walking out of the master bathroom and go down the hall, without her walker.   It was her way of telling me that she is okay and doesn't need her walker.

You might want to consider getting a book by George Anderson called "We Are Not Forgotten".  That was the first book I read on communication with our loved ones.   It helped me tremendously.   His website is www.georgeanderson.com.

You are not alone! Just remember that.  I feel my Mum's presence all the time, and even though it makes my cry at times, it is so comforting.

God Bless,

Tricia

Dotties Daughter - I am so happy for you - your heard her voice :) such a blessing these precious moments are. After my father died I traveled to Vietnam, he came one night and sat on my bed, it was NOT a dream, it was him. I would do anything for one more moment with him, that was my moment. When I was a little girl he used to sit on my bed and watch me sleep, I would open my eyes and see him there, it was that moment again. The year after he died I had some vivid dreams, they were amazing. In one dream I hugged him and it was SO real. I have not had a special dream like when he first died, I guess now it is fading away, his voice and hug. I still miss him terribly though. These last few days have been so hard. Christmas with out my dad, it is awful. My baby girl is 2 1/2 he would loe to see her at Christmas. I told Maren, my daughter this morning that I was sad because I missed my dad, she "let's go see my daddy and then see your daddy". It was so cute, I wish we could go see my daddy, I wish she could meet him. I never thought I would dread holidays, I never thought it could be this hard to recover from death, but it really is. I am lucky that my husband like to decorate and plan for christmas. Without him I am not sure I could do anything for the holidays. I am so happy for you that you got to hear your mamma :) take care J&M
I have to witnessed something close to this.  The few days after my dad passed i was in the shower and when i got out i could hear something jingling.  I had my dog put down at the end of march and i had her collar on my bookshelf and my door was shut no one was in there.  I heard the jingling of her collar for 10 minutes.  I believe it was my dad telling me that he was ok and with my dog.  Then last week i had a dream, i was still in bed that i walked down the hall and in my spare room was my father with light all around him i was so excited i said Dad with a happy expression on my face and then as i seen him i stepped back and noticed another vision of my dad walking down the hall with a cane and could barely walk and fell.  Might be he was showing me that he isnt suffering anymore and he is ok. 
I lost my Mom in Jan 2010.  My niece got confirmed in May of 2010.  We were at a restaurant that we never at before.  The next day my sister asked if I ever saw Mom after she died.  I said no.  She said that for a brief second she looked at the corner of her eye and saw Mom at the end of the table.  She was laughing, having a good time.  Like she was really glad she was there.  Mom and I talked about the confirmation often and were looking forward to going to it.  I miss her every day.
Do you have any idea how lucky you are?  I would give anything to have an experience like yours, or to hear my mother's beautiful voice!  After her death in February, I longed to see her in my dreams, or to feel her close by.  My mother and I had even talked about this before she underwent the open heart surgery that would hasten her decline.  I told her that I wanted us to agree on a sign; a way that I would know she was nearby.  She chose the haunting song of the mourning dove.  She also told me she would try to move things in my home that were connected to her, if she could.  And, she promised to come and get me when it is my time.  I have heard the mourning dove's song many times since.  But in my dreams she is sick and dying again, and I can't save her.  I lay in bed at night and try to remember the sound of her voice, and the way she said my name.   We all need to believe that there is something beyond this life, that our loved ones go on.  The stories here give me hope that this is the case.  In the meantime, I am still waiting for more communication with the mother I miss so much.  Thank you so much for sharing your extraordinary experience here.
I have a picture where I can see my moms facets actually my ultrasound of my son I also have a picture that my grandmother and mothers image is in a year after they died it is so strange I thought I was losing my mind. The surfing sound turned on by itself, the computer started playing music in the middle of the night, the sound of the refrigerator door opening and closing twice when no one was in there. My baby powder lid closed even though I never closed it. This was about the first three months or so after she passed. Plus lots of noises in the kitchen.
My email address is danyale@ymail.com if you want to share stories or want to chat

I've had two dreams about my mom.  One I called her on the phone and ask her how she was and she said fine and then I told her I loved her and she told me she loved me just like she did everyday of my life.  Then the other day, I dreamed I ask her to come home with me and she said, I would like to see your house again.  The first one was really nice because it told me she was okay and I got to hear her tell me she loved me again.  I'm not sure about the other one but I wish she could visit me and my house too.

My mom fell and broke her hip too and never got better from that.  

My father passed on Nov 3,2011 of advanced prostate cancer that turned into flesh eating disease. My sister and my mother kept me away from him up until halloween night when i got a phone call from my ex mother long story that my father wasnt going to make it. Long story short I had a tattoo put on my leg that says Dad on veterans day as i have nothing of his and they never gave him a funeral or included me in anything. After my second tattoo a poitrait of him I had a dream of him sitting in a chair in the suit he is wearing in the tattoo and holding a black cat which he owned. The house we were at i had never been too. It just happened to be my husbands cousins house, her husband did the tattoo. when i turned to tell her he was gone. she said to me that means he crossed over ok. we think he came that way as that he assosiated the tattoo with the person who gave it to me and approved. They say if you can still remember a dream or what some people call a dream it really happened. when my husbands aunt died about 15 years ago it was probably 5 years after i had a so called dream of sitting at my mother in laws table and can still remember her that she was ok and we have been married 17 years and i still recall this so called dream to this day. my sister in law who almost died after giving birth saw her father and my husbands aunt and they told her to turn back it wasnt her time. these are not dreams. also watch for signs. coins, butterflies,white feathers, and interruption in electronic devices. my husbands cousin who did the tattoos has butterflies come to her from her mom. On her wedding day,one landed on her shoulder. I hope i helped and didnt confuse you

My 78 year old mother  died six months ago. She had cancer and before she died we talked about her sending me a sign. She told me she would do what she could. The day  she died I was sound asleep and I heard her call my name as clear as a bell. I sat straight up in bed. Nothing like that has ever happend to me before. It was her! I looked at the clock and it was 5:30 in the morning .That's what time she woke up every morning to get ready for mass. Her voice was so clear , she was saying my name as she would have wakeing  me up in the morning as if to say, Come on i'ts time to get started with your day.

I'm so happy she called out to me.

Not only can you hear our loved ones, see them in dreams, you can even feel their presence.  What I mean by that is, my brother pasted away many years ago in the mid 90's.  He was murdered and I can only guess that he must have been really angry about the way he pasted away or he really wanted to get in touch with me.  On the day that he was killed my older sister called me to tell me the bad new, and I didn't take it well.  I cried so hard I made myself sick and during the time that my husband was trying to console me we heard a loud noise downstairs in our bathroom.  It was the sound of our toilet seat being slammed down.  It scared us both because we thought someone had broken in.  When we went down stairs to see what was going on there was nothing, it looked just like we had left it before going to bed.  We turned the light on in the bathroom to see if something had happened in there and the toilet seat was up like we always kept it.  My second experience with my brother was after his funeral.  I was on my way back to my home the next day and decided to stop by the cementary were his body was located.  It was a beautiful sunny day in Texas, the birds were singing and everything else was calm and quiet.  I kneeled down to put some flowers on his grave site and decided to sing an old spiritual for him (Amazing Grace) and I didn't make it to the second course before the sky turned gray, and it started pouring down raining as if it had been raining all day!  I ran to my car and I was shaking so bad I couldn't put my keys in the ignition.  I finally did and when I went to put my hand on the hand grip to put it in reverse I put my hands on someone elses but no one was in the car but me!  So yes things do happen and a lot stronger ones than you can ever imagine.  This is not a made up story because I wouldn't have a reason to lie to anyone here.  I was also visited by my little nephew who was 18mths old when he passed away.  As for my darling mother who left my side in December of 2011 I have not seen, felt, or heard from her and I believe it's only because she fells she has no reason to as of yet or maybe it's because I am so far away from home?  But, my brother came miles away when he past so I really don't know why she hasn't visited me yet but I look forward to the day that she does because I want to tell her how much she is loved and missed. 

RSS

Latest Conversations

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2020   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service