I just lost my mom who was 82. I am so sad and feel so guilty. She fell March 11th at my new house just a week after we moved in. I should have been holding her hand but wasn't. Broke so many bones and was healing but her lungs gave out. She fought for 2 1/2 months. Ended up on a trach and vent, got a horrible bacteria infection, UTI, and then a week ago they put a feeding tube into her stomach but missed and it ended up in her adomen. Horrible pain and infection there. It was one thing after another. I had to let her go. She wouldn't have wanted to live this way. How do I get past all the pain in my heart? thank you. Lora

Views: 64

Replies to This Discussion

Lora, It sounds like you are experiencing some guilt around your mother's fall. I would let go of the guilt. It's unproductive. You need to take care of yourself as you would take care of a good friend. I'm sure your mother would be much more understanding about it than you, yourself are being. Take it easy, Jennifer
Lora, It sounds like you are experiencing some guilt around your mother's fall. I would let go of the guilt. It's unproductive. You need to take care of yourself as you would take care of a good friend. I'm sure your mother would be much more understanding about it than you, yourself are being. Take it easy, Jennifer

RSS

Latest Conversations

Alex Well is now a member of LegacyConnect
Sep 30
Profile IconDolores Beauchamp , Mirko and Ruth Henderson joined LegacyConnect
Sep 26
dream moon commented on dream moon's group i ❤❤❤ mom
Sep 25
Melanie Bowen is now a member of LegacyConnect
Sep 13

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2022   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service