I have been having trouble recently making food and dishes that were my brothers favorite. I was invited to a party and was asked to make an artichoke recipe that everyone really loves. I find that I can't even think about making it because my brother loved it so much. He asked me to make it for Superbowl parties and such and used to tell me all the time how great it was. I really don't think I will ever be able to make that dish again, as it makes me so sad. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

Belle.......I haven't lost a sibling yet but I did lose my beloved husband a year ago.  He is my heart and soul.  To answer your question.....Yes, I experience this same feeling.  There are things I will NEVER make again.  Certain dishes or desserts that he loved and now it's too painful to even think about making them for anyone else....including myself.   Please don't let anyone pressure you into doing something that upsets you.  Explain to the host of the party why you can't make the artichoke dip and that you'll bring something else in it's place.  I wish you well on your grief journey.

Sara

Dear Sara,

I am so sorry for the loss of you husband. Thank you for your words and support. I ended up making a casserole which was also a hit so it all worked out. Another thing that I realized the other day is now, I also dislike the foods my brother disliked. He would never eat peas, EVER. I liked them and never had had a problem with eating them. Recently I have found a distain for peas, so I think it is the same sort of thing where this funny family joke about him hating peas has turned into an actually painful memory.  It will be a journey to see what else in life changes now that he is gone. Prayers  and hugs to you as well.

~Belle

RSS

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Badge

Loading…

Follow Legacy

Follow Legacy.com on PinterestFollow @LegacyConnect on TwitterCircle us on Google+

© 2017   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service