Our youngest child committed suicide by hanging Last March. I do not know how to carry on. There seems to me that this heartache will only stop in one way, and I will suffer like this untill the day I die. He was 22years old and this seemed to be completely out of the blue. I came home and found him.

Views: 56

Replies to This Discussion

((Gill)),
Im very sorry about your loss. 22 is terribly young and I cant imagine "what finding him " would be like. I can only offer you this. As apart of a couple of suicide forms I hear that that image will soften in time and is hopefully replaced by nicer ones. I can tell you that you will survive altho as you already know, you are forever changed by this. It is my belief that your son and many others have lost their lives due to depression. It is a true illness. I do not believe they were of their right mind and therefor could not fully comprehend their actions nor could they see the pain that it would cause. You are not at fault here, as hard as that is to believe. I know the loss but not that of my child, I can only imagine your heartbreak. Please be gentle with yourself especially now. Hope you have lots of support at home, this is the time to lean on others including us here.
Thinking of you ..Let me say welcome with a heavy heart.
Sue
Dear Gill,

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you must feel. Your son was so young. I joined this support group today because a friend of mine hanged herself yesterday. Her neighbor found her. She has two beautiful children, 6 and 10 years old. Her actions, like your son's, were out of the blue. There weren't any warning signs. I wish she would have asked for help. Heaven knows that there are many people who love her, and wanted to help her. Please know that the best way to get over your son's suicide is to reach out to people who are considering suicide. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

G
G
" know that the best way to get over your son's suicide is to reach out to people who are considering suicide. "

Im sorry G but I dont believe that this is the best way. Trying to come to terms with the most horrific event in your own life, is burden enough but adding the sense of responsibilty in trying to prevent another such loss is just too much to add to a fragile state.Especially in the beginning. You have to start with yourself...and please be gentle with you.
Sue
I wish I could take your pain and cast it away. I could not imagine your loss. I will remember you when I pray. I wish we could understand why this happens and have all our questions answered. The not knowing is so difficult. When I lost my Daddy to suicide it killed something inside of me. I hope and pray that I never have to face this again in my life. Take care of yourself and know that people care about you.
Katy,
I love that name. Im very sorry for the loss of your brother. I lost mine too. Its a very special relationship we have as sisters, altho I was probably more mom than sister to my brother. I wanted to tell you that I know these days ahead will be very hard but know you will get through this. Im hoping the good memories far out way the bad. I created a memorial of sorts about my brothers life and found that helped. I cried doing it but in the end it felt like I accomplished something good. I also stepped in and tried to do double duty covering for the things my brother would normally do. Its alot, please take time for "you" too. Im sure Im much older and its a real blessing for your mom to have you just be there for her. I just wanted you to know I understand and its ok not to be all for all on somedays too.
Sue

Katy said:
Mum, I don't think the pain will ever go away, but I think it will get easier to bear. Every now and then, I have a day where it is easier. The day after that always seems harder, but those few days where it is easier give me hope. I love you so much...you are an amazing, brave, courageous, loving, and generous mother. I couldn't ask for better. We will get through this. love you, K
Gill..

I lost my brother 2 years ago after a long illness with a gun shot to his chest. So very painful, right after putting up the Christmas tree Thanksgiving. The pain is getting a little better we were very close me 56 and he was 49. We talked or saw each other almost every day. The pain is the worst when I think about the sad things he went thru before he died. So I try to think about our good times together when the saddness hits. The bible teaches us there is a time to morn so you need to give yourself plenty of time to do this. It can take 5 years, but it can get better. I believe that only God can judge the heart of man and that our loved ones are with him. He understand the spirit things that we don't. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Yvonne
I know how you feel. My son, 21, hung himself 9months ago, on Mothers Day.. Everyday is a nightmare. I just want him back. i love him so much. When will this pain ever go? I have cried every day since he died. I wish he had known how much I loved him. Im so, so sorry for all you who are going through the same as I am...
I am so sorry for you, there is no way anybody can know how we feel unless they go through it and I would not wish this on anybody. Life, indeed is a nightmare and I feel there is no way out of this heartache. I feel broken in two, I have 2 other children and I love them more than anybody could, but my mind is constantly filled with the one that is gone.

barbara said:
I know how you feel. My son, 21, hung himself 9months ago, on Mothers Day.. Everyday is a nightmare. I just want him back. i love him so much. When will this pain ever go? I have cried every day since he died. I wish he had known how much I loved him. Im so, so sorry for all you who are going through the same as I am...

RSS

Latest Conversations

Dee m is now a member of LegacyConnect
Tuesday
Profile IconChantel Brown, Stella Wilson, Daryl Geisheimer and 1 more joined LegacyConnect
Monday
Theresia Wolf-McKenzie updated their profile
Saturday
Aimee M Gallagher is now a member of LegacyConnect
Nov 23

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2021   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service