I would like to invite anyone who has lost a loved one to murder. We lost our daughter Lisa Christine Maas on May 29, 2008. Every day seems harder than the next to try and survive without Lisa in our lives. Our lives are so devasted and our journey is so lonely as it is few and far between to actually find someone who truly understands this type of loss. Siblings seem to be left out and we would like to change that so they too may have a place to go to find support and comfort.

Views: 228

Replies to This Discussion

I also lost a son to murder on jan 4th 2008 I have a hard time dealing with the sudden death. I feel so hurt I have so many mix emotions. The trial is about to start and Im about to realive this again and to also face the guys who killed my son. I leave it Gods hands i just pray for streanth.
I lost my son (age 27) in 2003 because of a heart attack due to massive overdose of cocaine. On August 23 of 2008, my daughter (age 37) was murdered by her husband who then killed himself in front of our two beautiful granddaughters, ages 7 and 12. We are blessed that he did not shoot them too. They survived. I have one daughter left (age 42) ............
the only reason I am still alive is because of my faith in a loving merciful God and also because of my husband who has been my rock! We have started a foundation called Heather's Hope Foundation, Inc. raising awareness of domestic violence in our community. Our town came together after Heather's death and had several fundraisers and raised $78,000 for the girls to go to college in a trust fund. Heather's friends have become our friends and our support group. Heather was a teacher at a charter school here in Lakeland and had many many friends. There were over 1000 people at her funeral - she was well loved. The party never started until Heather arrived with her bright smile and funny ways. We miss her more than words can express - I have been on anti depression meds ever since and have just recently (the past 2 or 3 months) began really grieving over her. The first 6 or 8 months I was in shock - and could not even cry ! Plus I was so busy fussing over the children and adjusting our life style (we are ages 60 and 65) and very difficult to be parents again. Wanted to share with whoever is reading this that this is something you never get over - you'll never ever be the same again , and the only hope WE have is living a Christian life and believing in our God above and not trying to understand it because we never will until we get to heaven - then it will all be clear. But until then, we must follow Jesus and abide in his Word - if we want to see our sons and daughters again. Just know they are pain-free - happy - and together in Heaven - and we will see them again one great day when Jesus returns. Love and peace to you all who have lost your children - it is unimaginable and as I said words are so inadequate - but we know how we are feeling and more importantly God knows our hurts and pain - there is a plan - even though we don't understand it - As for me, I must believe this - and I must go on for the children, for my husband, for my family and friends . Many times I've thought about ending my life so I could be with my children - but then, that is a sin in God's eyes too - and besides the girls and my husband need me.
Many times my husband asks "You aren't happy - what can I do" I reply: I'm as happy as I possibly can be under the circumstances - just love me - be patient with me and try to understand." - I am NOT HAPPY - but I must go on - I must try to give these kids a life - they deserve that - My husband deserves that I stay. Hang in and know that there is a God and he loves you and knows your pain.
In Heather's Spirit -
Bonnie Roebuck
I lost my 2 mo old Cousin Cecial Frazier last week and am looking for help. He was killed by his father who we now know was high on meth and drunk at the time. However we did not know beforhand. How did you all deal with the hurtfull comments of both the press and those commenting on newspaper articles. People are saying we should go to jail with his father for letting him have the child. He is 42.
Amanda the first thing everyone must realize is the ONLY person responsible for this childs horrific death is the MURDERER himself. Everyone thinks they know exactly what everyone should have done after the fact and that is just not rational thinking. If that were the case then the world would be perfect. And while they might think they live in a perfect world they don't realize that murder does not discriminate and destroys the lives of thousands every year in so many different ways. You have to ignore them and their comments as they are not in your shoes and are IGNORANT to the facts of the case. If it were only that easy to just go back and say what we should have been done. If we had known the murderer and his capabilities we too would have taken action. The State of Pennsylvania as well as the hospital that was treating Lisa's killer KNEW he was threatening to kill someone and took no action yet no one attacks them for allowing this killer on the streets to take our beautiful daughter life so brutally and randomly. They just don't know what they are talking about and it must make them feel like it can't happen to them if they find a "reason" why they died or a way they think it could have been prevented. Instead people should be finding ways to comfort the family and coming to their aid to help them deal with the tragic loss but they would rather criticize the family and say what they would have done. Cecil was with his biological father did they miss that part???? Over 50% of murders for children under the age of 14 come at the hands of their own family members. What is sadder yet is that many agencies know of abuse and continue to leave the children in these abusive situations. So how on earth would anyone in their right mind think you should have removed Cecil from his father with no past??? It just shows how insensitive and stupid people are when they still have their "happy family" and have not been affected by such a horrible tragedy. Those who are saying these things and judging the family are almost as evil as the crime itself. We are so sorry for your loss and how ignorant people are compounding with their ruthless insensitive comments. Take care and know we are here for you if you need anything. Laura Maas Lisa's Mom
Good evening everyone, I had wrote my discussion in the comment part if you would go there and read it please.Like you'll, my child was taken from me in a horrific way in a home invasion. Like I said in the comment section...I am reliving it over 6 more times because it was six boys and the trials are separate.I feel the hurt and pain you all are going through. May God be with you all thru these trying times Theresa

JARIAN DEVON GARRETT AUG 22,1978-JAN 28,2007

LOVED BY ALL
i honestly dony know how those of you who have lost a child this way can still live & breath, if it were me i would loose my mind! i lost my mother to a senseless murder 9 years ago today, she was shot in the face by a 17 year old kid who says he was trying to rob her, he never took a single penny though. they say that time heals all wounds, this is so not true in the case of murder. it may sooth the pain a bit and you may stop crying all day long after a time but 9 years later it still hurts like yesterday, i still see the "police line" tape blocking off the street, the news interviewers chasing after you for a story, still feel the devistating pain when i was told she died, everything is the same except the year it is. about 3 months before the date i start to have anger issues and cannot function normally at all, despite years of counseling (that has helped me alot) does anyone else have these same issues?
my name is linda, my daughter stephanie was murdered on july 4th 2010. i have now lost both of my children. my son was lost to suicide in 2001. it was hard with my son but to lose my daughter at the hands of someone else, well i just don't no how to feel. my daughter had many problems with drugs and prostitution and i realize the lifestyle she lead contributed to her death but it doesn't change the fact that she is now gone. along with dealing with her murder i'm also dealing with the paper and publics view on her lifestyle. the way they talk she was less than a person and somehow deserved this. it makes it that much worse. i want to scream that she was a person and deserves more than what thier saying but i have know one to scream to. i do have family and friends that are standing close by but they could never understand what my loss is, for none of them have lost a child much less two. please keep me in your prayers and lift me up to god as i will you.
I lost my fiance to murder on March 25, 2010, he was helping a friend when her ex boyfriend showed up and gunned him down. We were together almost 10 yr, he was everything to me and I loved him very much The pain I feel is unbearable, I am mentally phyically and emotionally exhausted, an emotional rollercoaster, Can't focus, can't accomplish any task and I am so sick of being told that it will get easier with time and everything happens for a reason. I just don't understand the reason for such a senseless tragic act of violence. I have always trusted my faith but lately I am having a very hard time with it. I know my family is praying for me, but I can't seem to pull myself together.
I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THE LOST OF A CHILD. I LOST MT ONLY SON TO MURDER AND HE LEFT BEHIND A DAUGHTER HE WAS SO HAPPY AND NEVER GOT TO SEE HER. ERNIE WAS MURDED 3 MONTHS BEFORE HIS DAUGHTER JILIANNA WAS BORN. OUR LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. CLOSURE IS A WORD I HATE. I WILL NEVER FEEL BETTER. I JUST FOUND OUT MY DAD DIED AND HIS WIFE DIDDENT TELL ME. I WAS HIS ONLY DAUGHTER. I AM A WREAK AND MY HUSBAND IS STILL VERY QUEIT ABOUT LOSSIND OUR ONLY SON. HE IS MY ROCK BUT THE LORD IS MY SAVIOR! I WILL PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. JUST TAKE ONE MIN. AT A TIME. YOU NEVER KNOW IF YOU DONT TRY. LOVE ERNIE'S MOM
IM TRULY HURT ME AFTER READING THIS I TO GO THROUGH STILL EVERYDAY AFTER MY ONLY SON WILLIAM WAS MURDERED ON MAY 23 , 2010 HIS FUNERAL WAS MAY 29 I GO THROUGH EACH DAY MY PAIN STILL FEELS LIKE IT
IT WAS JUST YESTURDAY I'M TORMENTED MY HEART IS BROKEN I READ YOUR STORY AND MY WORDS ARE THE
SAME AS I READ OF YOURS I FEEL SO ALOAN WITH THIS YOUR STORY I TO FEEL THE SAME YOU ARE NOT ALOAN
I'M SO THANKFULLY I HAVE FOUND THIS WEB SITE KNOWING WE HAVE THIS IN COMMON THAT OUR LOVED ONE
WAS BRUTALLY MURDERED THIS HURTS ME TERRIBLY I'M BROKEN IT'S LIKE ON A TRIP AND DON'T KNOW WHEN
YOU WILL RETURN.

RSS

Latest Conversations

Marquis Taylor is now a member of LegacyConnect
5 hours ago
Profile IconSuzanne Hamlin and Melissa Gary joined LegacyConnect
Monday
Steve G. and CHAYA SPECTOR are now friends
Friday
natali tran is now a member of LegacyConnect
Friday

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2020   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service