I lost my Husband on January 24, 2008 at the age of 42 from Pancreatic Cancer. We had been married for 2 1/2 years when he died, it was the first marriage for both of us, no children. I was 40 years old when he passed away. To this day I still cannot believe he is gone.

Views: 234

Replies to This Discussion

Debbie, I lost my Fiance on July 18, 2009 - it is till this day unbearable, like you I am 39 years old with no children and my fiance was only 43 yrs old. I miss him so much - it hurts so bad, so bad. You are not alone and I wish I could pad my heart as well as yours and I can't. We will have to live with this one and Believe me - I feel the same pain as you. If you need to talk write back. God bless you and be with you.
God Bless you too Maria. I am very sorry for your loss. This past Saturday was the 2 year anniversary of Karl's death, I cannot believe that it has been 2 years. Coming from someone who knows what you are going through I can tell you that it does get a bit easier as time goes by. I do not miss him any less but I know that my life needs to continue everyday. The best way we can memorialize our loved ones is to continue to honor their memory and beliefs. I know that Karl would want me to be happy and to keep his memory alive. I talk about him often and visit his grave as often as I can. I continue to do the things that he loved to do when he was alive and think about all of the good times that we had together. I look at photos often and re-live in my mind all the fun things we did together. There will always be a special place in my heart for Karl. I am always here if you would like to talk. Take care of yourself and stay strong.

Debbie
Hi Debbie...........my name is Susan Farris. I am 55 now, but lost my first husband in an auto accident in 1979, when he was only 27. My children were 6, 3, and 7 weeks. I know how hard it is...................I was literally in limbo for some years. I won't tell you that time heals all wounds, because i don't believe that. I do believe that time eventually dulls the very rough edges of that pain to the point that you can live with it without feeling that your heart is being torn apart. Your love and memories will always be a part of you, and someday those will be fairly painless. I not only lost my husband, but 3 1/2 years ago I lost my youngest son in a motorcycle accident. I DO understand. Feel free to message me anytime....I'll be here for you.

Hugs................Susan
Debbie, my deepest sympathy for your loss and cancer is a horrible disease taken everything away leaving families devasted. My husband had lung cancer, an ex smoker, but I have met people who never smoked but still got it. We both fought so hard against the disease and it has taken my Baby Fernando away. I sitill can not believe it too that he is not by my side. My children miss their Dad so much and I just am so lost without him.

with lots of hugs
I lost my husband also to pancreatic cancer on Dec. 16, 2010. He was layed to rest on the 22nd. As I write this I'm so lost for words. We just had our 25th anniversary on Oct. 19th. I don't know what I'm to do with myself now? How do you go on? He was the love of my life, truely soul mates :(
I lost my husband also to pancreatic cancer on Dec. 16, 2010. He was layed to rest on the 22nd. As I write this I'm so lost for words. We just had our 25th anniversary on Oct. 19th. I don't know what I'm to do with myself now? How do you go on? He was the love of my life, truely soul mates :(

I am new to this group...I am 30, my husband passed away 12/18/09 from a blood clot due to an injury from work...he was only 37. His son was only 7, now 8, and I have a 9 & 10 year old.  We were able to keep in contact with my step son for only 8 short months after my husband passed, now my step son's mom won't allow us to have any contact with him...it's been 5 months now. Today, we received his Christmas card with his gift cards back through the mail. I don't know how much more disappointment I can take, my kids are suffering more everyday because I can't function normally anymore...how do I go on? Some days I think I have it together, but then reality hits me, harder, everyday. I am begining to think the people in my life would be better off without me around, I am no good to them or anyone. I will never be the same without my other half...we had become inseperable. I miss you baby.

Mary

mary baker said:

I am new to this group...I am 30, my husband passed away 12/18/09 from a blood clot due to an injury from work...he was only 37. His son was only 7, now 8, and I have a 9 & 10 year old.  We were able to keep in contact with my step son for only 8 short months after my husband passed, now my step son's mom won't allow us to have any contact with him...it's been 5 months now. Today, we received his Christmas card with his gift cards back through the mail. I don't know how much more disappointment I can take, my kids are suffering more everyday because I can't function normally anymore...how do I go on? Some days I think I have it together, but then reality hits me, harder, everyday. I am begining to think the people in my life would be better off without me around, I am no good to them or anyone. I will never be the same without my other half...we had become inseperable. I miss you baby.

Mary

mary baker said:

Mary

RSS

Latest Conversations

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2020   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service