Legacy.com Honors Veterans of the Armed Forces
As we honor men and women who have served their country, we also remember the families left to grieve. Please join us in paying tribute to military veterans and their families who have sacrificed for the good of their country.
On Legacy.com and LegacyConnect, you will find touching tributes to armed forces veterans, as well as resources to help you cope with the loss of a loved one or support someone who is grieving.
Read and share tributes to veterans:
• In Memory of Poppies – For Robbie Kaplan, the red flowers bring back vivid memories of Memorial Days spent with her father
• Rockin' in the Free World – the story of Staff Sergeant Ryan Means, who enlisted in the Army after his friend was killed on 9/11 but wound up battling cancer rather than Bin Laden
• The Greatest Generation Falls in Love – stories of women who served and found their spouses along the way
• The Soldier and His Bride – a moving story of love and loss
Get advice and support:
• Find grief support groups to help you cope with the death of a child, parent, partner
• Talk with others about losing someone in the line of duty
Image: Flickr Creative Commons/D. H. Parks