Ellen Gerst is a Life Coach who specializes in grief and relationships, a Grief Recovery Specialist®, and the author of several books on grief, including Suddenly Single: How To Find Renewal After Loss, born out of Ellen's own experiences as a young widow; 101 Tips and Thoughts on Coping with Grief, a collection of easy-to-read tips to help move you forward each day; Understanding Grief From A to Z, which captures the myriad of emotions the bereaved may feel; and Figuring Out Life and Death: Musings, Thoughts and Stories About Surviving Suicide. Visit her bookstore to learn more and purchase.
Once Ellen had successfully navigated the grief journey, she was ready to welcome new love into her life. In Love After Loss: Writing The Rest of Your Story, Ellen provides a blueprint on how to use her successful method to redesign your life to include a new love connection. She continues to write about love, dating and relationships. Her books include: Understanding Dating and Relationships From A to Z; If You Want To Be Terrific, You Need To Be Specific: a 3 book series with 135 actionable tips on how to heal your heart, date with success and enhance your relationship; 25 Tips and Thoughts on Love, Dating and Relationships; and Dating After 35+: Your Relationship Choices. These are available on her website in her bookstore or on Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Learn more about Ellen, her books and coaching services at www.lngerst.com and join the conversation about Love After Loss on Facebook.
I'd like to introduce you to a German word that I think could help you to understand some of the confusing emotions you're experiencing in response to the loss of a partner.
The literal translation of the word SEHNSUCHT (German pronunciation: ze nzuxt) is longing, yearning, or…Continue
Grief is an introspective journey from the darkness of loss to the light of renewal.
The caption below highlights some of the states of being and emotions a mourner may experience. I have the word RENEWAL in the largest size font because that is your goal – to reach for a renewal of your life and the ability to let love and joy…
I've always loved the image that conjures up in my mind. For me, the darkness of loss certainly felt like being stuck in a deep tunnel, and as I marched forward on my journey of grief, I looked for any illumination that could provide me respite from…Continue
After your loss, it’s possible that the way you communicate with others has changed.
Perhaps you are more chatty than usual – sharing your story with all who will listen.
For the most part, I am a very private person; however, for a short time…
There are a myriad of reasons why people decide to take their own lives, although there is a preponderance of suicides due to mental illness, maybe even as high as 90%. What about the other 10%? These are people who may have found themselves depressed due to a certain event or set of circumstances; perhaps…Continue