*** T-35 pp. 1-4 Can the Dead Really Live Again? ***
Can the Dead Really Live Again?
Would you say . . .
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS
“There is going to be a resurrection.”—Acts 24:15, New World Translation.
WHAT THAT CAN MEAN FOR YOU
• Comfort when loved ones die.—2 Corinthians 1:3, 4.
• Freedom from a morbid fear of death.—Hebrews 2:15.
• A real hope of being reunited with your dead loved ones.—John 5:28, 29.
CAN WE REALLY BELIEVE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS?
Yes, for at least three reasons:
• God is the Creator of life. The Bible calls Jehovah God “the source of life.” (Psalm 36:9; Acts 17:24, 25) The One who gave life to all living creatures is certainly capable of restoring life to someone who has died.
• God has resurrected humans in the past. The Bible reports eight instances of humans—young, old, male, and female—who were brought back to life on earth. Some had been dead for a short while, but one had been in a tomb for four days!—John 11:39-44.
• God is eager to do it again. Jehovah hates death; he views it as an enemy. (1 Corinthians 15:26) He has a longing to conquer that enemy, to undo death by means of the resurrection. He yearns to bring back those who are in his memory and to see them live on earth again.—Job 14:14, 15.
If you do not have a Bible, you can read it online at www.jw.org/en (Go to PUBLICATIONS › BIBLE)
TO THINK ABOUT
Why do we grow old and die?
The Bible answers that question at GENESIS 3:17-19 and ROMANS 5:12