Hello everyone my name is Charlotte. I lost my husband and mother within a week apart. While sitting in the waiting one night something came upon me, It said now you can rest. You guys something just cover me and still today I think about that feeling.

What I'm tryng to say is that their spirit is with you each and everyday. God is good and he'll keep blessing you.
Don't beat yourself up all the time. It'll be alright!

Love you and God Love you too!

Views: 74

Replies to This Discussion

i agree it will be alright but I still miss my husband. He left this earth on March 26,2010 during the night at home, never said a word to me and possibly he couldn't as the dying process progresses. I found him the next morning, shocked and crying I had to call 911 and deal with the police, emt's and coroner. It runs through my mind everyday I know he is with our Lord but living alone is very hard I appreciate the dialogue I read on Legacy it gives me comfort to go on. Memories of him surround me and his love embraces me. I will be alright.
Heather, I hope that I didn't sound some strong about what I was saying. I do miss my husband
dearly. What I was saying be strong and truth in the Lord. Please stay focus. Yes, these days hit me so hard I have to take a day of work and regain myself. I have been teaching school for 23 years.
I try really hard to stay busy.

I'm glad I can also talk to someone else that understand me.
Charlotte I am so sorry for your double loss. My husband left on December 23, 2009 and it is still so hard and for you to lose your husband and mom in one week. Unlike you I have been feeling my pain and my husband's pain. He didn't expect to die that day. He had complete heart function test the same morning and everything was good. He expected to live at least till our 15 year old was grown up and instead my 15 yr old was the one who found him first, rode with him alone in the ambulance and was in the hospital. He blames himself and I have to assure him that there was nothing he could have done. I don't think this pain that I feel is all just mine, some of it is definitely from him. So I guess both of us have to come terms with it.
Hurting said:
Charlotte I am so sorry for your double loss. My husband left on December 23, 2009 and it is still so hard and for you to lose your husband and mom in one week. Unlike you I have been feeling my pain and my husband's pain. He didn't expect to die that day. He had complete heart function test the same morning and everything was good. He expected to live at least till our 15 year old was grown up and instead my 15 yr old was the one who found him first, rode with him alone in the ambulance and was in the hospital. He blames himself and I have to assure him that there was nothing he could have done. I don't think this pain that I feel is all just mine, some of it is definitely from him. So I guess both of us have to come terms with it.
Hi Hurting -

You lost your husband around the same time I lost mind.. My husband passed the 16th. of December 2009, the day after one of our daughters Birthdays.. Today is our sons Birthday - our Anniversary is Saturday the 15th of this month.. 44 years.. I miss him awful.. I have a certain peace tho just knowing that he is in heaven/paradise and I will be with him one day again and that will be forever.. Some days i'm ok but gosh, sometimes I still cry several times a day.. It seems many things are going wrong too that take money.. Big money and this money issue scares me.. I'm always afraid I won't have enough for everything..

I'm sorry your son is having such a difficult time.. It was just Gods day that He called his Dad home.. My husband passed while I was gone from the house for a short time.. I came home and he was gone.. I was shocked. I couldn't believe this was happening.. I was wishing it was a nightmare and that I'd wake up.. But it wasn't a nightmare - it was true. I didn't think it was his time to go yet.. He didn't think that either . God had other plans tho. My husband had cancer.. Now my husband has the ultimate healing..

I live alone and I like it this way.. I have 2 little dogs and a cat and they are a real blessings to me.. It would be very lonely to come home from being to a store or someplace and wander around in this big empty house alone everyday.

Take care hurting - you are in my thoughts and prayers..
Dear Charlotte, I know of another lady that had the very same thing happen to her. It now has been over ten years for her. At the time I wondered how she was able to deal with it. But, now I have had something similar. My husband passed then nine months later my youngest daughter was killed by her ex-boy friend. June will be 3 years for my husband and March was two years for my daughter. I just attended the trial on my daughters killer. It is true that the trial brings back the pain. But, then I try to tell my self that we all go through something so very hurtful and we either make it and go on, or we succumb to it. YOU ARE RIGHT their spirit will be with us until our time comes. I hope you are doing as well as possible. God Bless, Georgia

RSS

Latest Conversations

Andrew Cooper updated their profile
Jun 18
Andrew Cooper is now a member of LegacyConnect
Jun 17
Sr. Maureen Egan, scim is now a member of LegacyConnect
Jun 13
Sara Murphy commented on Terry Green's status
Jun 8

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2022   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service