In three days it is going to be fathers day and I am dreading the day so much. The advertisig is so intense in the radio on the TV and even on the internet. I have bought some cards, one of them says 'Super Dad", at school the children talk what they have made for their fathers. My children do not say anything but I am worried so I told them on the day we make a visit to his gra... to lay the cards but I found out my son dislikes to go to the gra.... but my daughter is ok with it?

hugs to all

Views: 84

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Luckily my children and grandchild are all grown. I know in their thoughts they will honor their Dad and Papa.

Thank you for posting your pictures. Lovely family.
That is a day that most of us are dreading. My children are grown but I have young grandchildren. We are planning on spending the day at the shore but I need to go to the cemetery. Father's Day has always been special. We would all, children, grandchildren, sons-in-law go out to brunch and then we would have a barbeque usually at either my house or my eldest daughter's house. I am dreading the day no matter what we do. It will be the first Father's Day that there is no Dad or Poppy. It will be a terrible day for so many of us. With God's help we will get through it. I especially feel sorry for all of you who have young children. I can imagine how difficult it is for your children at school. Sometimes life is so unfair.
Roses grow in Heaven
Lord please pick a bunch for me.
Place them in my father's arms,
And tell him they're from me.
Tell him I love him and miss him
And when her turns to smile,
Place a kiss upon his cheek
And hold him for a while.
Because remembering him is easy,
I do it everyday,
But there's an ache within my heart
Because I'm missing him today.
Basia,love the poem!I miss my dad and I miss my husband.But no more and no less on father's day than any other day.Heaven is full of good men,I'll remember them all.
I love the poem Basia! I know what you mean connie when it is a family thing every Birthday, Mother's day Christmas and so on... I bought a card for the day and want a ballon too. We are all nervous and I feel like not being awake for hte day.
I am dreading like you guys but I haven't bought any cards or balloons. Every year we used to go out together to eat and then movie. I was talking to my oldest son alone in the car yesterday. He is the only one who is dreaming about his dad. The day this happened he never did get to talk with his dad and he keeps on blaming himself. I told him that's his dad's way of telling him that things are fine and don't blame yourself. He started crying in the car and so did I. We all have so much pain bottled inside and I don't really know how to fix things anymore. I'd rather have 2009 father's day please!

RSS

Latest Conversations

aubri is now a member of LegacyConnect
Thursday
Leonardo Villalobos is now a member of LegacyConnect
Sep 13
Cyprian Otieno liked elyse's photo
Sep 7
Profile IconAnna DeRosier, Joy, Cyprian Otieno and 1 more joined LegacyConnect
Sep 7

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2021   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service