My thoughts are of last Christmas. Remembering when he was by my side at our family gathering. Tonight we will have that very same gathering as we do every year. The home that I live in is a large one. It is two stories with two separate dwellings. My sister, her husband and their mini-pin live upstairs and Bo, my son, our chihuahua and I live downstairs. Christmas Eve dinner is always at our house, so I can't be alone tonight. With our warm Hawaiian weather, dinner is always outside in our gazebo. This same time last year, Bo was helping to set up the table and chairs with my brother-in-law. Although he was weak and very ill, he was in good spirits. Family came bearing gifts and food and laughter. He enjoyed a good dinner but he excused himself to come back into the house to rest and watch tv. Little did I know that this would be our last Christmas together and in 8 months he would be gone. Merry Christmas, Darling.

Views: 32

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Linda
Like you my love was ill last xmas but she still did her xmas decorations.We had family here and everything was so wonderful.All this year she struggled with her M.S but never did I think she was in grave danger.This past sept. she went downhill and passed away oct2.I never dreamed that that was going to be our last xmas also.I am still so broken hearted and I really cannot accept the fact she is gone.
Our two sons, who are mommys boys, and I are just devastated over the loss of this extraordinary lady.We are so lost with out her.
Merry xmas my love,,,I love you and miss you so so much.
Thankfully, we all made it through Christmas and New Year's. I couldn't stay home for the holidays. My 3 children and I went to spend the vacation with my 2 sisters in Oregon. What a blessing that was! This is a new home for them, and since we'd never had a family Christmas there before, it was less painful than being in our own house where I could hear his footsteps echoing still.
God bless us all and give us strength,
and I pray and believe that next year will be easier.
Wendela

RSS

Latest Conversations

LAURA FONTES posted a blog post
4 minutes ago
Andrew Cooper updated their profile
Jun 18
Andrew Cooper is now a member of LegacyConnect
Jun 17
Sr. Maureen Egan, scim is now a member of LegacyConnect
Jun 13

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2022   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service