I just lost an unbelievable man to 'PSP' So many words needed to discribe this wonderful human being. We new the end would come with this horrible disease, and when it finally did I can't believe it is final. I can not wrap my head around the finality of it. I stifle screams and I don't know how long I can do it. We just celebrated 40 years and I can't see myself going further. The pain is just raw and it won't stop.

Views: 30

Replies to This Discussion

Carole, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband in September 2009, so I understand the disbelief and the unrelenting pain. We had 27 years together. All I can say is, just hold on. Take one breath, and then take another. If you are a person of faith, pray. If you have family, lean on them. Take care of yourself, whatever form your grief takes at the moment, whether stifling screams or just screaming, let yourself grieve in your own way. If you can sleep, try to get plenty of rest - when we're tired, the pain of living is so much harder to bear. Remember to drink water - crying dehydrates us. Remember to eat, even when nothing tastes good. For some time after I lost David, I drank meal-shakes for breakfast and soup or vegetable juice for lunch, because chewing was just so difficult, but our grieving bodies still need nourishment. Take care of yourself, or let others take care of you, even if only because the raw pain is easier to bear when we have had food, water and rest. I am saying a prayer for you today, Carole. God bless you and give you strength. God bless us all who have lost our loves.
Wendela

RSS

Latest Conversations

Monica Trujillo is now a member of LegacyConnect
20 hours ago
Leroy Singletary is now a member of LegacyConnect
Aug 9
Carrie Daniels is now a member of LegacyConnect
Aug 8
DJ commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
Aug 4

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2022   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service