I'm so sorry, Richard. My husband also died suddenly March 17, 2009 without a chance of good-bye. He just fell over while working outside. Although the pain is still there, I just thank God for the many good years, almsot 52, we had together. God gently reminds me we will have a great reunion in Heaven. I will pray for you.

Views: 34

Replies to This Discussion

I also lost my husband suddenly. On August 15 I found him dead in bed. We had been married for 37 years. He was only 59 years old.Every day is a struggle,but I find strength in my family and friends.
Every sunday I replay in my head what happened on 9/13/09.How my husband came home from work not feeling well.How i asked all the right questions,checked his b.p.and told him to cool off thinking the heat was getting to him.Then found him unresponsive on the bathroom floor.I followed all the right procedures,called 911,then started C.P.R.I,ve done it before and the patient lived.What did I do wrong?why couldn't I save my own husband?I ask myself over and over.And you know what?The end result is still the same!He's gone and I miss him .I can't change anything!I've got my family and my memories.The pain is always there.They call it "greiving"I call it lonely!!Kathy
kathleen caylor said:
Every sunday I replay in my head what happened on 9/13/09.How my husband came home from work not feeling well.How i asked all the right questions,checked his b.p.and told him to cool off thinking the heat was getting to him.Then found him unresponsive on the bathroom floor.I followed all the right procedures,called 911,then started C.P.R.I,ve done it before and the patient lived.What did I do wrong?why couldn't I save my own husband?I ask myself over and over.And you know what?The end result is still the same!He's gone and I miss him .I can't change anything!I've got my family and my memories.The pain is always there.They call it "greiving"I call it lonely!!Kathy
Kathleen, I know exactly how you feel because for a long time, I kept thinking if we'd only found my husband in time to do CPR, he may have lived. People tell me it wasn't meant to be that way but it doesn't ease the pain.

Ann said:
kathleen caylor said:

RSS

Latest Conversations

Monica Trujillo is now a member of LegacyConnect
Monday
Leroy Singletary is now a member of LegacyConnect
Aug 9
Carrie Daniels is now a member of LegacyConnect
Aug 8
DJ commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
Aug 4

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2022   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service