How do you go about setting up a Trust?

I have an aging parent who needs advice on a fixed income or limited resorces but large farm and can't afford a Lawyer.

How could they set up a trust to avoid probate?

Views: 40

Replies to This Discussion

I am here to tell you that most lawyers will be happy to have a consultation which is 1/2 hour for free. I would line up a days worth of appointments and know what you want to know when you go in there. Then see if payments could be made for there work.... The issue of no money now will result in lots of money later.... If the property has equity meaning what is owed minus what it's worth... less other transfer expences. Back to your question? Read and ask and read some more. Lawyers love stupid people... that don't know what they want. So do yourself a favor and don't be that person. May I suggest since you will probly be the heir of the estate that you do your mother a favor and pay for it yourself. It will give her a great peace and it will give you the same.


Latest Conversations

Carrie Daniels is now a member of LegacyConnect
14 hours ago
DJ commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
Profile IconChristina Petty, Maria C Sisco, Michelle Stewart and 1 more joined LegacyConnect
Aug 2
Jen B is now a member of LegacyConnect
Jul 26

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2022   Created by   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service