My mother died 3/16/2010 and This is the second holiday that has went past. Its been a very hard week and I really dont know what to do. My mother was my everything and being reminded to the day that you are to cater to your mother is really hard. Im 23 years old and currently a student. My studies have suffered and my day to day life's work is a true strain. I miss her sooo much. What can I do to help ease to pain?

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

jennifer, i lost my mother december 3rd 2009 and i still cannot ease the pain.
i know how you feel. this mother's day will be very hard but we have to keep on living. our mother will always be missed but we must learn to live without their physical presence, we just have to get used to living day by day with her in our minds and hearts.
Jennifer,
I know what you are going through, my mother was killed in a car accident on 3/17/2010. We could not say good-by to her. I know how hard the holidays have been and will be for you, they are for me too. Plus, mother's birthday was April 9th. We talked almost every day or would see each other. I cry everyday for missing her, I find that it does help me to continue and it is ok the cry. I weekly listen to her memorial service and is is tough but I think it helps me. I am going to get a musical water globe with a favorite saying on it for myself and mother for Mother's Day plus get dad some flowers in memory of her. The globe is from www.thingsremembered. Hope this will help with your pain, it is helping me.
Hi Jennifer, I'm sorry to hear about the death of your mother. As you had expressed in your letter you had deep love for your mother. One thing that has helped many deal with the death of their loved one is by turning to God for comfort. In God's word the Bible it tells us that it was not God's original purpose for us to live for a short period of time then die. God gives us hope, because he promises us what his plans are for the near future. This is brought out in the Bible book of John 5:28,29 where it says "Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out,..." These verses helps us to see that in the near future God plans to resurrect those who had died in the past. Just think you can have that hope of seeing and having that close bond with your mother once again. This is no feel good story or some sort of fantasy. In the Bible it tells us of those who had been resurrected in the past. These were just a preview of what God plans to do in the near future, but on a worldwide scale. But until that time comes Jehovah God tells us to pray to him with whatever is causing us pain and heartache. This point is brought out in the Bible book of Psalms 55:22 where it says "Throw your burden upon Jehovah himself, And he himself will sustain you. Never will he allow the righteous one to totter." This verse helps us to see that whatever is causing us mental or emotional pain Jehovah God promises to sustain us, he is able to do this because he understand what we are exactly going through. Also in 1Peter 5:7 it says "while YOU throw YOUR anxiety upon him, because he cares for YOU." This verse helps us to see that Jehovah God does care for us and he wants us to throw our anxiety to him, it does not matter how many times you have to pray to him with your anxiety he wants to help you because he cares for you. These are some of the many blessings that Jehovah God offers. If you want to learn more, feel free to ask any Jehovah Witnesses in your area or you can send me a message.
Hi Jennifer:

My mother passed 5 years ago and I miss her everyday! And although I am a mother myself, I am always sad on Mother's Day. I try to do something that reminds me of my mother; plant a flower that she liked, go eat at her favorite restaurant, or just look at fun pictures of the two of us. Many times I will speak to my mother as if she is here and I always feel her presence!

RSS

Latest Conversations

Cassie DeVoe is now a member of LegacyConnect
11 hours ago
Todd B. Goodrich commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
Feb 15
Sara Murphy commented on Steve Cain's group Bereaved Spouses
Feb 14
Garry Apelian is now a member of LegacyConnect
Feb 7

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2024   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service