My dad passed away 1 year ago last March 12th. I think it was around 2:30pm but I do not remember now. He was in a memory center. I usually got to talk to him on Sundays by phone. They say his heart just gave out. He was a minister and a good one too. I have a tattoo on my upper left arm for him. It has a calalilly , his birthday, his deathdate, and a dove with an olive branch in it's mouth. The tattoo also says DAD on it. It looks really nice and I am happy I did it. I told my mom the other upper arm is reserved for her and she didn't like that ides but I assured her there would be butterflies and flowers and I think that softened the idea for her.

I miss my dad a lot and I go to the guestbook online and talk with him often.

Views: 247

Replies to This Discussion

My Dad died December 26,2013 I miss him everyday I also go on the online guest book i created for him and talk to him. I lay in his bed remembering all the good times I had with him. I spent the last 2 weeks of his life with him. He died right here in this bed. It's where he wanted to be. I'm the only one in the family that feels comfort in coming in here.
I now have the responsibility of taking care of my handicapped mother. It's what he wanted me to do and I promised I would. I still can't believe he is gone the only thing that brings me comfort is knowing I was here for him and reminded him that everything is going to be ok. That dying is easy it's living that is hard and that he shouldn't be afraid. That this is just the next step that he will always live on. I had to be strong for him as he had been for me my whole life. I would cry every night during those 2 weeks after having just put a brave face on coming from his room.
He was my best friend and hero. I miss him so much. Ask him to visit you in your dreams he will. He will always live on in you heart. I hope everyday gets a little easier for you xo shae

Hi Shae,

Thank you for sharing. I am honored that you felt you could share. I wanted to be with my dad but my step-mom wouldn't let me. My dad was a retired minister. I remember the last time I got to talk with him, I said don't be afraid, dad. When you see that white light, walk straight into it. It will be your path to Jesus.

I hope everyday gets a little easier for you too.

God Bless,

xo,

Robbin

Hi Robin
Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry you didn't get to see him but he knew in his heart you were with him. I had to deal with the family aftermath that sometimes can be selfish and cruel. My sister and brother tried to take control of my mother and keep me away from her. My Dad made me promise I would not give them anything and take care of my mother. I'm the only one he trusted and everyone he had come in contact new it. There was so much drama that had happened the first 6 months I thought It would kill me. Not to mention my brother did threaten to. I didn't have time to mourn my fathers death before I had to go into protective and fighting mode for my mother. I prayed everyday to him and he gave me the strength to continue. Now the only way I was to get thru another day was to tell myself I forgive them for all the heartache they have caused and feel sorry for them for whatever happened in their lives to make them the human beings they have become. The time we did spend with our fathers thru his life will always be with us and no one can take that away. Make those memories the ones that give you comfort. :)
Xo shae

Shae said:

Hi Robin
Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry you didn't get to see him but he knew in his heart you were with him. I had to deal with the family aftermath that sometimes can be selfish and cruel. My sister and brother tried to take control of my mother and keep me away from her. My Dad made me promise I would not give them anything and take care of my mother. I'm the only one he trusted and everyone he had come in contact new it. There was so much drama that had happened the first 6 months I thought It would kill me. Not to mention my brother did threaten to. I didn't have time to mourn my fathers death before I had to go into protective and fighting mode for my mother. I prayed everyday to him and he gave me the strength to continue. Now the only way I was to get thru another day was to tell myself I forgive them for all the heartache they have caused and feel sorry for them for whatever happened in their lives to make them the human beings they have become. The time we did spend with our fathers thru his life will always be with us and no one can take that away. Make those memories the ones that give you comfort. :)
Xo shae

Hi Shae, I just saw your reply and almost deleted it accidently when I was deleting my email. I am so sorry for what you went thru. I am still trying to get things of my fathers from my step mom. He had told me I could have them but apparently didn't put it in writing. My dog is asking to go out so I have to go but feel free to write and I will be more watchful for your responses.

Robbin R. McManus said:

Shae said:

Hi Robin
Xo shae

RSS

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2021   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service