I have made a lot of changes in my life. Change of Job, change of faith & almost change of lifestyle.  Change of lifestyle was the hardest to let go since I really believe I have a calling, however, could not continue.  After 3 months it is easier, since I have not changed my faith habits, prayer life.  I thanked God for my prayer life.  God does wonders.  I have loss my job due to lack for work.  That was kind of a relief and yet was not.  Now I have to find another job.  It is hard since I was not ready to switch jobs yet even though I was looking at job opportunities.  I believe through this all I am more upset with myself for settling with the job that I opted to keep. I was just happy to be hired after my last job loss due to lack of work. Which was my first ever job loss due to lack of work.  I guess that shows how the economy is changing.   I made a step further today & made a few more inquiries.  I really wanted to cry. I have not had a good cry over this yet.  I guess after my last job loss, and was only 3 years after both my parents died I just wanted something easy.  This job was not always easy; however, my experience I brought with me to my job helped a lot & I caught on quick which helped a lot.  I struggled a lot with this job, the way things had to be handled, the way we were de-humanized & life threatened  by a hand full of callers at times, and all the loss involved.   It really was a drag down; however, it was a good when I could help someone.  I don't watch the new anymore since I would hear about the tragedies at work through phone calls.  I really felt bad for the callers at times, acts of God, are nobodies fault and is really disruptive in a person's life and also life does go on.  So other things happen also.  Rebuilding a person's life is never easy.   I learned a lot on this job & previous job that people have a lot of resilence.  We can bounce back, it just takes a lot of patience, hard work, patience, hopefully team work and more patience and a lot of grief. allowing grief to come in the midst of all the happenings that have to be handled that cannot wait. Andyet still have to sit back & wait.  Just doesn't seem a time to relax and enjoy life. There is always something that should be done, or to be worked on to get back to a routine of life again.  

Views: 195

Replies to This Discussion

I lost my job of 22 years three years ago.  I thought I found a new job in February 2012 but am feeling lately that it's not the right job for me.  I am not comfortable selling but they pursued me when I had not received many replies to all the jobs for which I had applied.  I tried to change myself to fit the job.  I work on commission and miss the security of a corporate job.  I am 58 and am feeling a bit of discrimination in the job market and at my new job.  I get depressed at the economy and the job market as so many of my friends are unemployed.  I believe  God will take care of me but must practice patience and wait for things to happen in His time. 

I am 53 and have only put in a few job applications, one of which replied the job was filled.  I am considering apply for a job that really interest me which there is a base pay and then commission. However, the base pay if less than $10/HR.  However, if another opportunity presents itself within the same company, it would be a foot in the door.  I really had a hard time making myself search for jobs.  I did not like my job loss and certainly did not need the free time; however, it is nice, not financially though.   I live in a metro city and close to a larger metro city so have resources.  Was just hard to get motivated to complete job applications and go through more updating of my resume; just what I did not want to do so close to the last time. I hang tight onto my faith in God and have a few commitments that keep be busy.   I have not quite found the discrimination yet; however, my older sister has mentioned it.   I plan on only applying at jobs that interest me; where I might want to work, would enjoy the work.    the job market is not what it used to be.  If I was younger, like 20 years younger, I would probably just get up and move to another state.  However, the job market is slimmer now.  I pray a lot regarding my job situation and know others are praying for me also.  God will put me in the right fit; Guess the right fit sometimes comes with a little "not-so-fit"  :)

RSS

Latest Conversations

DontWannaDisclose joined Lorie Petrey's group
Wednesday
Joan Mosher posted a status
"My brother passed away on September 26th 12 Days after is 52nd birthday and I'm tough time"
Tuesday
Profile IconJoan Mosher and DontWannaDisclose joined LegacyConnect
Tuesday
CAB joined Lisa W's group
Sunday

Community Guidelines

Please be respectful of others. For more information, read our Community Guidelines.

Follow Legacy

© 2021   Created by Legacy.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service